The Content Strategist will be responsible for communications, editing, and content delivery across multiple channels including print, social media, blogs, email, and advertising channels. He or she is also responsible for understanding business goals and analyzing data in order to deliver, maintain, and govern content on the client public website. The Content Strategist is responsible for managing projects, supporting other Marketing projects, and leading vendors. This person will use their advanced knowledge of web and mobile communication strategies to help meet strategic goals and deliver positive member journeys. This is a great job for a person who loves to implement new messaging and experience ideas, improve communications in support of objectives and is grounded in analytics and end-to-end user experiences. This position will work closely with members of the Marketing team, interdepartmental teams, and advertising and digital agencies and platforms.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Lead and manage website including: writing copy, maintaining accuracy, developing in-bound strategies, and leading new initiatives
• Oversee and execute digital content initiatives across multiple platforms and formats to drive Marketing goals for acquisition, engagement, and positive member experiences.
• Write headlines, ad copy, direct mail, email, and informational collateral.
• Work with internal stakeholders to develop content strategies, member personas and journeys to implement new methods of targeting and delivery.
• Develop standards, systems and best practices for content creation, dissemination, ongoing maintenance, retrieval, and repurposing, including for real-time implementation.
• Develop a plan for integrating multimedia and other 3rd party content into client.org.
• Learn and develop content to adhere to compliance and ADA rules and guidelines.
• Consult, review, and edit marketing team deliverables or company communications as needed.
• Develop and Maintain client Style Guide, communications guidelines, and content governance.
• Interpret data and analytics to improve existing content and experiences and propose new ideas.
• Provide expertise in content and channel optimization, brand consistency, segmentation and localization, analytics and meaningful measurement.
• Work collaboratively within the organization and across functions to help define brand stories and how they are interpreted by client members.
• Serve as editorial team lead and manage editorial calendar.
• Leverage market data and behavioral metrics in ongoing content strategy and execute plans to develop assets.
Required Skills and Competencies:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Journalism, Communications, or related field.
• At least 7 years of experience writing across print and digital channels;
• Knowledge of marketing best practices with a focus on financial services and/or consumer focused content.
• Able to work in Google Analytics and familiar with Search Engine Optimization and Search Engine Marketing best practices.
• Comfortable on both MAC and PC Platforms
• Experience working in content, social, and email management platforms; Drupal experience required.
• Ability to lead internal team members and external vendors to drive initiatives, meet deadlines, and improve quality of output.
• Ability to multi-task with excellent organizational, problem-solving, and prioritization skills.
• Ability to work independently and comfortable making decisions.
• Ability to define problems, collect and interpret data, draw valid conclusions and initiate action.
• A friendly, courteous, and professional attitude.
• Excellent spoken, written, and visual communication and presentation skills.
• 3 writing samples or portfolio link required