One of our most innovative Fintech clients seeks a Design Researcher for its Ecosystem Design team. This designer will work with a deep respect for his/her responsibility in helping customers achieve their goals a pursue a quest to change banking for good. This team is guided by shared values, and thrives in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued.
Opportunity: This starts out as a role throught Aquent, though the manager intends on hiring in a perm role. It's on-site in McLean, VA, though open to candidates committed to relocating.
The Ecosystem Design Team is looking for a Design Researcher who is…
• Conduct user research at all stages from discovery to validation, using a variety of methods to understand our customers and their relationship to our products
• Have experience planning and executing a longer-term research agenda that includes multiple methods, including triangulating data to validate insights
• Approach business and customer problems with research goals in mind
• Understand and apply the right quantitative and qualitative methods given the circumstances
• Guide teams to translate business problems into human-centered problems
• Position the overall customer experience within product roadmaps, business rationale, partner priorities, etc. product roadmaps, business rationale, partner priorities, etc.
• Actively monitor and analyze research, data, and trends from internal sources, academic institutions, and industry reports to inform and improve our approach
• Leverage analytics tools and techniques to measure success, present opportunities, and support decision-making and prioritization
• Collaborate to define intent, development, testing, and refinement of prototypes
Collaborative. They must…
• Have a track record of leading teams of various stakeholders, including designers, researchers, strategists, product managers, and tech partners
• Understand the difference between Design Research and Market Research and have experience collaborating on initiatives between these teams
• Effectively manage multiple stakeholders’ interests, priorities, and expectations and lead teams to craft a rigorous and relevant research agenda
• Have experience guiding teams to employ the best research methods for the problem, employing strategies to address stakeholder push back
Communicative. They can…
• Distill findings into clearly articulated and actionable insights that stakeholders can use
• Present research plans and findings with various audiences, from designers to business executives
• Guide teams on how best to apply findings using illustrative frameworks
• Create energy and investment in research by sharing early and often
• Help designers and non-designers understand and apply research findings
• Bachelor’s degree
• At least 3 years of experience leading User Experience (UX) Research
• At least 1-year experience with one of the following: mentoring junior researchers, managing project teams or managing vendors
• Excellent writer and communicator
• Master’s degree
• 5+ years of experience as a Design Researcher in a corporate or consulting capacity
• 3+ years of usability testing and user experience research within a lab environment
• 2+ years of experience with Human Factors
• Experience with design thinking, human centered design, design research, etc.
• Experience officially managing a team consisting of at least 2 researchers