Graphic Designer, Mid-level
Full-time, Onsite (North West Austin)
TEMP TO PERM (3 MONTHS)
The Graphic Designer is responsible for design, creation, and delivery of marketing related content (written and graphical) that supports marketing activities of the various branches of our client. This position will work on multiple print and digital campaigns at a time. This position must be able to work within tight deadlines and budget(s) and have excellent communication and time management skills.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities Include the following (other duties may be assigned)
- Illustrates concepts by designing layouts including art and copy, arrangement, size, type size and style, and related aesthetic concepts.
- Develops and creates web graphics, brochures, flyers, logos, and videos for specific assignments.
- Develops written content for materials.
- Ensures that the layout of all collateral, graphics and imagery content is accessible, logical and recommends improvements when necessary.
- Supports Marketing team with webpage and email template designs.
- Contributes to team efforts by accomplishing projects as needed.
- Completes Marketing Requests submitted by branches within tight deadlines and to required specifications, following all company compliance policy and procedures.
- Becomes familiar with mortgage specific products and services, licensing, disclosure and any other compliance requirements through the use of internal resources.
- Assists in reviewing and proofreading all advertising.
Candidate must be proficient or have working knowledge of:
• Adobe PhotoShop, Illustrator, InDesign
• Standard CMS tools
• Standard WYSIWYG email editors
• HTML, CSS and other markup languages
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university; or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience with 2+ years of experience in graphic design and creating, developing, and analyzing websites and other marketing material
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The job description set forth above inadvertently may not include all the essential functions of the job, or as time goes on, the essential functions may change after the description was written. The employee is encouraged to ask questions of the supervisor or human resource department regarding this job description and its application. Management retains the right to add to, modify, delete and/or in any and all respect change the duties, tasks and responsibilities of the position at any time.