Industrial Designer - Global Beauty
This is a 3 month freelance position based onsite in NYC, 40 hours/week with our Global Beauty client.
very strong Adobe Illustrator skills, strong emphasis on physical model making for both design development and presentation, excellent 3D CAD skills, particularly Rhino and Key shot rendering software but knowledge of FormZ, Vectorworks etc.
4-7+ years in specific design role
• A creative and technically skilled designer responsible developing products, packaging and displayers from first concept through resolution of technical details
• Liaison with manufacturers and development of final products
• Assessment of Creative Requests and formulation of initial responses and design proposals
• Development and presentation of concept direction options for projects including material and construction detailing.
• Presentation of selected designs, detail specification to manufacturers of approved designs, liaison with engineers and manufacturers on development of prototypes, sample approval.
• Effective time management, handling multiple projects effectively and within specified deadlines.
• Clear understanding of the essential requirements of each project, fast and effective development of multiple options in response to design briefs.
• Resolution of aesthetic and technical challenges, fine detailing of designs, management of close working relationships with other brand and corporate teams and with external vendors.
Independence of Action and Accountability
• Proposals to be presented in outline [with construction and detailing indicated] to Industrial Design ED, Visual Merchandising VP and Creative Director
• Responsibility for ensuring that each of their design projects is developed within specified budget
• 4+ years experience (always include years of experience)
• Excellent creative skills and ability to initiate and quickly and clearly communicate design concepts
• Excellent presentation skills, very strong Adobe Illustrator skills, strong emphasis on physical model making for both design development and presentation, excellent 3D CAD skills, particularly Rhino and Key shot rendering software but knowledge of FormZ, Vectorworks etc.
• High level of technical drawing, very strong ability to successfully manage and cultivate working relationships and collaborate with colleagues and external partners will be an advantage.