Vitamin T is seeking a Prepress Production Artist for a global agency client in Chicago.
The talent will be working under the direction of the Prepress Manager and Lead Print Producer, this position is responsible for the preparation and separation of all final production ready files to printers and publications. To ensure that these files are delivered to its final destination accurately and on time as per our process.
Responsibilities start with the QA process and is followed in the preparation of final production ready files to printers and publications are of the highest quality. Work closely with the Prepress and Print Production Managers on a day to day basis to Ensure the Quality Assurance process is followed. Pre-flight files and correct where necessary (ie. resolution, color space, trims, bleeds, safety’s, and special plates), checking & adjust attributes (overprints, traps), ensuring all fonts are loaded correctly and troubleshoot files when required.
You should also have an eye for detail and prepress experience in regards to high volume retail accounts in terms of managing continuous streams of detail-oriented, high volume print (retail) elements as in: Inserts / circulars, versioning, posters, handbills, GO’s, POS materials and print ads and insertions.
This position is only for highly detailed individuals with flexibility with doing what is required to deliver the highest quality of prepress work and who strive to ensure a seamless delivery, given the nature of our deadline-driven business environment.
Primary Focus & Responsibilities:
• Experience creating and working with electronic workflows (an asset), to assess & troubleshoot all files/formats.
• Strong understanding of various file formats with a strong understanding of the printing process
• Preflight and organization of files and trapping and assemble files to specifications defined by the Lead Print Producer and or outlined in our Vendor/Publication database, ie. colors, trim, live, bleed, file format, resolution, special plates, varnishes, etc.
• Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite and supporting applications.
• Print out all vendor proofs required for client specific color profiles.
• Double-check proofs for quality, including clarity and alignment, before beginning a print run.
• 5+ years progressive experience with high volume prepress work in an agency, print production, photography, retouching, media, logistics, and printing environments.
• Prior experience as a Prepress Operator and in an prepress department.
• Time-management abilities & an independent work ethic is important in the success of this role.
• Highly proficient with InDesign, Easy Catalog, Dalim Twist, Dalim ES, Filemaker Pro databases, MS Office software, Jira, ProofHQ, Publication Portals, DAM/CMS systems and other digital workflow tools.
• Strong communication and organizational skills are required.
• Fluency in Prepress, Printing, Media, Print Production technologies, & On-Line approval systems.
• Associates, Bachelors, BFA, degree preferred.
• Experienced in all aspect of prepress environments.
• Expert interpersonal and client service skills.
• Strong Problem-solving ability.
• Results-oriented, with proven track record of delivery high retail volume deliverables.
• Thorough familiarity with all facets of the prepress production, printing and media cycles.
• Advanced understanding of inter-departmental workflow and resources.
• Knowledge of industry printing trends and technological advances