The Senior Project Manager is responsible for workflow and project management for a specific set of creative projects including design and collateral materials, social and digital content, web, video and events. They have technical knowledge that guides clients and account teams to the right talent and solutions for their creative projects. They understand agency business and are able to make business decisions that benefit and protect the agency and the client. The role requires someone who can be part account manager, project manager, production manager, technical advisor, finance manager and creative thinker.
It is essential that the Senior Project Manager understand digital and content development and distribution in order to be a strong technical advisor. They must also be able to assess and assign creative talent from within the agency and beyond to ensure that the talent is suited to produce best quality creative work. They are responsible for creating, managing and adhering to creative project budgets and timelines and protecting the business interests of the agency as they pertain to creative work.
Perhaps most critically, the Senior Project Manager is a diplomat and translator - straddling between account management and creative to deliver client service excellence. They must be able to serve multiple internal and external clients, negotiate and manage freelancer and vendor relationships and keep on top of the latest communications tools and systems with efficiency, professionalism and a smile.
- Work with client teams to find the best solutions to clients' creative and production needs
- Clearly define and scope tasks and allocate resources to ensure efficiency and effectiveness for creative projects including digital and social content, collateral, print, video, specialty items and events
- Identify and manage appropriate external vendors including freelance creative talent, developers, broadcast production, printers, prop houses, etc.
- Develop and manage budgets by tracking team labor hours and external costs.
- Collaborate with global creative project managers' network
- Provide quality assurance for all projects including proof reading and review against client brand guidelines and ensuring that files are properly packaged for vendors
- Identify and communicate potential pitfalls, changes to scope and alternative solutions to team
- 5-7 years of creative project management at an agency or similar environment
- Strong understanding of and commitment to delivering high quality, strategy-driven creative work
- Experience managing creative teams and vendor relationships through projects
- Demonstrated communications and problem solving skills including ability to negotiate without compromising ideas or quality with creative, account service and vendors
- Digital content including video, print/collateral and event/experiential project management experience
- Exacting attention to detail
- Ability to estimate and maintain accurate budgets and schedules
- Experience identifying, contracting and managing all types of creative resources and vendors from freelancers to printers to experiential production
- Working knowledge of CS