Exciting opportunity for an experienced, unflappable Digital Design Director to lead a dedicated design team with a growing digital agency.
Your role will be as a key creative partner for the agency's clients. You will be responsible for the output of your team, while representing the goals and values of the studio. As a Design Lead you will become a trusted partner for the Creative, Content, Strategy and Account teams. Good chemistry is a must.
As a Digital Design Director, you’re a master of your craft, but you also bring leadership, client relationship skills, and a solid connection between your work and business goals. You bring talent, technique, and an unflinching pursuit of excellence—along with years of project and team leadership experience. Your capacities are T-shaped—you have a broad range of skill and experience coupled with deep digital core-discipline knowledge.
You still approach every project as a new opportunity to create, make, inspire, and execute. You never settle. You go for more whenever possible. You have a track record of excellent work, yet you’re still driven to hone new skills and experiment with new tools and new techniques. You seek collaboration with teammates to constantly shape an environment that far surpasses status quo.
This job description is just your starting point. You own your own growth and your work blazes its own trail.
- Assess priorities and manage the design team.
- Deliver compelling, well-crafted creative across a variety of media.
- Be hands-on when needed, and guide every step of the creative process, from concept to delivery.
- Provide clear direction and critiques to team members.
- Ensure design vision is executed consistently and with a high standard of quality.
- Review and approve all final work from the team.
- Present and champion our work with our clients on a weekly basis.
- Think broadly across our work and client needs to bring value and build a strong, lasting client relationship.
- Mentor design team members, nurture talent, and encourage skill development.
- Partner with department leads and client services to support new business development when needed.
- Stay sharp. Grow beyond your core competencies.
- Bachelor’s degree in design
- 8+ years of experience, anchored in digital design, digital experience is a must (product experience is a big bonus)
- 3+ years team management experience
- Deep understanding of advanced digital technologies and enhanced user experience.
- A portfolio and work experience that demonstrates a mastery of digital design for global brands
- Comfortable adapting to changing client needs and priorities.
- Exceptional organizational, listening, and communication skills.
- Effective and clear presentation skills.
- Expert knowledge of industry-standard software (Adobe CC, Sketch, Keynote, etc).