Internal Communications Consultant
Our Corporate Communications & Marketing team helps employees and external audiences understand, value, and engage with us. We do it by telling creative and inspiring stories about our people and our mission of making home possible.
The Internal Communications Consultant will support the Corporate Communications department with editing, writing and production assignments. A successful candidate will drive enterprise communications to employees through a variety of internal channels— Web, SharePoint, email, video, infographics, events--and support senior leadership in their communications to all employees.
We are looking for an experienced, creative, decisive, energetic person who can drive for results and encourage new ideas and alternative approaches.
• Managing all steps of writing assignments, from gathering information, conducting interviews, to writing, reviewing, editing, proofreading, and publishing stories. Applying visual and journalistic techniques for effective and engaging storytelling.
• Editing all Internal Communications copy to ensure adherence to style guide, appropriate tone and messaging, and effective visuals
• Editing employee submissions for brief feature articles on intranet
• Curating news stories about our leaders; drafting headlines and brief summaries
• Reviewing and approving next-day intranet information for publication
• Writing the headlines, developing and applying photography and graphics and creative treatment to tell a story.
• Applying strategic thinking to creating communications plans.
• Collaborating with communications strategists, graphic designers, productions team, PR, and business clients.
• Following writing standards and quality control measures to ensure consistent messaging, tone and brand standard/identity. Writing to standards found in the AP style manual.
• 7 years of job-related experience.
• Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, marketing or other relevant subject.
• Superb writing, editing and proofreading skills, attention to detail.
• Experience in effective, inspiring, inventive visual storytelling
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office and AP style guide.
• Knowledge of Web, social media, SharePoint, HTML, and content management and publishing technologies
• Strong organizational skills and flexibility. The ability to adapt to change quickly and to tackle unfamiliar tasks and requests with positive attitude and resourcefulness.
• Strong time and project management/coordination skills.