Programme Manager – Print – Up to £45k doe.
Based in Brentwood – 20 minutes from Liverpool Street Station.
My client is an integrated agency, part of a larger group, who are looking to fill a new role within one of their highest revenue areas, for one of their largest clients.
You will be an experienced PM / SPM looking to step up to manage a small team of 5.
The right person will have agency experience and understand the print side of creative to be able to have better conversations with clients and team members alike. This should include the print process, however there is technical expertise on site, content generation, brochures, trafficking of work.
This is a great time to join with planned changes set to improve upon the efficiency of the current team and the agency output in this area. Experience around change management would be of use for the right candidate.
Day to day responsibilities:
Manage a team of Project Managers delivering brochure projects Europe wide.
• Lead implementation of new services or programme requirements. Manage the ad hoc requirements of the programme, outside of specific brochure projects, such as page count reduction exercises, content strategy changes. Work to create approaches, costing implications & roll-out plans
• Maintain overview reporting of programme status & work with brochure SAD to ensure client is kept abreast of programme status and challenges
• Work with Head of Project Management to tailor project management frameworks to the needs of the brochure programme so it is proportional but in line with the approach of other disciplines
• Review, rework and regularly revisit the definitions & assumptions for brochure level updates that are the start point for estimating
• Document the overall inclusions/exclusions for the brochure programme. Ensure internal teams and clients are aware of the scope and limitations of the programme and individual projects within it
• Work with Head of Production to review the processes for brochure creation and work into revised factors that are the start point for yearly forecasting. Regularly revisit as the processes develop
• Work with the Account Operations Manager to build the brochure programme yearly scope of work and throughout the year review budget position versus current requirements
• Define key documentation required for brochure projects – such as statement of work, RAID logs, estimate & timing plans and ensure formats are consistent and adhered to across all projects. Revise as necessary as the processes evolve
• Create KPI and SLA for brochure programme performance, collect data & report out on these regularly to the leadership team
• Work with brochure Senior Account Director to define reporting and analysis required to support key client decision making
• Any other ad hoc responsibilities as required by the Head of Project Management
Key Managerial Responsibilities:
• Provide support to the team running day-to-day projects and act as a point of escalation both internally and externally
• Run regular team meetings to discuss key projects, issues affecting the team, giving clear feedback and guidance and providing an open forum for discussion of any problems or concerns
• Provide frequent feedback to your line manager on the overall team performance
• Engage with the team in the b-you programme, and complete each stage of the process effectively and on time
• Hold regular 1:1s to engage with the team
• Collaborate and communicate clearly with other internal teams and departments
• Actively monitor absence through company processes, seeking guidance from HR where necessary
• Communicate the vision and values of the company, embedding them into the department
• As a Manager, lead, guide and mentor the team in line with the department goals and their personal career development
• Reward people for their achievements, using the reward and recognition schemes, including providing accurate information for pay review and bonus
Essential skills and experience Personal Attributes:
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong commercial acumen
• Strong problem-solving skills, demonstrating proactive approach but with the ability to firefight where necessary
• Flexible & pragmatic – responds well to change
• Analytical, able to use data to refine requirements & processes
• Ability to think outside of the box, able to consider bigger picture, wider implications and adapt to changing requirements quickly
• Calm under pressure
• Able to work overtime when required, sometimes at short notice Experience & Knowledge • Five + years working in a creative or creative production agency environment as a project manager
• Experience of working directly with clients
• Excellent working knowledge of print production processes
• Proven track- record of small team line management
• Excellent working knowledge of building & tracking timing plans in MSP Qualifications
• PC literate, good working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook etc.)
Advantageous Non-essential experience:
• Delivery of marketing materials for high complexity products
• Prince 2 or PMP foundation level
• Enthusiasm for the automotive industry
• Experience of multi-language artwork for print
• Experience of working within a workflow management system