UX researcher required for a contract role until the end of 2019.
I'm looking to hear from customer insights, research specialists to methodological generalists, with broad skills in qualitative and design research methods and an understanding of quantitative concepts.
This position is based on site at our clients London office.
To be considered the right candidate for the role you will be an excellent communicator, knowledgeable about UI design, passionate about social computing, and be comfortable in a flat, fast moving organisation, you'll be able to demonstrate that you're always excited to collaborate, and focus squarely on impacting the design of the product/business.
- You must be able to show the methodologies you have used and how that influences the the product and whether it was shipped or not shipped.
- Ideally you will have strong experience of analysing data.
- You mush be happy to adapt to working in a fast paced environment with shifting priorities
- Work closely with product teams and other researchers to identify research initiatives
- Design hypotheses and lead studies that examine user behaviour and attitudes and drive product impact
- Conduct research using a wide variety of qualitative methods (observation, usability testing, interviews) and a subset of quantitative methods (surveys, some data analysis)
- Work cross-functionally with design, product management, content strategy, engineering and marketing
- Engage with other researchers to ensure strong sharing and collaboration
- Effectively communicate results leading to product decisions and illustrate suggestions in compelling and creative ways
In order to be considered you must be able to show these skills:
3+ years experience in applied product research
Command of a broad set of qualitative and user-centred design methods
Basic understanding of quantitative, behavioural analysis and statistical concepts
Ability to ask, as well as answer product and user experience related questions
Compelling and concise communication
Education: MA/MS, human behaviour related field (HCI, Psychology, Social Science, Information Science, etc.) or relevant work experience
Our client is a global business with larger teams in the UK and othersites worldwide.
Contracts are paid on a PAYE basis at the client's request. They can on occassion help to secure sponsorship for outstanding talent.
Please apply with a CV, case studies demosntrating your appoach and working methodologies and ideally a covering note detailing your situation.