Educational organization seeks Full Stack Developer to develop and implement custom learning experiences using current web technologies and established best practices. The Full Stack Developer will work with a small team across a variety of challenging projects and will participate in the creation of development guidelines for the Research and Development (R&D) team.
Full Stack Development Duties/Responsibilities:
• Develop innovative, web based solutions for the online learning environment. Includes beginning-to-end considerations for both UI and back-end development.
• Assist in planning and conducting usability evaluations and other user research, utilizing a broad knowledge of user experience and user-centered design principles.
• Testing and quality assurance for all.
• Develops and maintains solution documentation (i.e. – creates/updates program documentation for operations personnel and maintenance; writes instructions and assists with training manuals for end user support).
Education & Experience • Bachelor’s degree required in related field (Computer Science, Information Technology or similar field). o Areas of expertise or study; web development, mobile application development, software development -writing, editing, and research skills a plus. • Minimum Five (2) years’ experience in a web application or software development role.
Related experience could include work in Information Technology Technical / Functional Skills
• Expert knowledge in web presentation technologies: XHTML, HTML, CSS and XML.
• Expert knowledge development Yii, Flask, Python, Django or equivalent PHP.
Highly Preferred Skills:
• Strong experience with Linux server administration (Bash, NGINX)
• Strong experience in API development; REST and SOAP webs services on both server and client side.
• Some database design and implementation (Oracle, MySQL, Mongo, Redis) required.
• Learning Management System experience, preferred Competencies [Use competency guide for reference.