Our client is looking for a Senior Cloud Infrastructure Engineer with a focus on AWS to join their innovative team.
You will be responsible for designing, developing, deploying and helping to operate the global cloud infrastructure that supports applications and services to clients. You will bring technical excellence and a passion for building and operating scalable, secure, distributed systems, and automating these wherever possible.
Salary up to £75k per annum
Experience required for the role
- Expert, demonstrable experience in cloud computing platforms, preferably AWS
- Linux system administration, including common services e.g. database and web servers, load balancing, auto-scaling
- Network design and configuration, e.g. VPCs, VPNs, routing
- A talent for designing effective, resilient, distributed system architectures
- Demonstrable experience of designing and operating secure cloud environments
- Extensive experience with Infrastructure-as-Code and configuration management principles and tools, e.g. Terraform, CloudFront, Chef, Puppet, Ansible
- Experience with PaaS/serverless offerings from cloud providers such as AWS, e.g. Lambda, RDS.
- Experience of developing, deploying and managing containerised environments, e.g. Docker, ECS, Fargate.
- Experience of designing and managing microservice architectures and environments.
Desirable Skills and Knowledge
Experience supporting big data analytics frameworks (e.g. YARN, Hadoop, Spark), message queuing frameworks (e.g. Kafka), distributed databases (e.g. Cassandra, ElasticSearch), and their PaaS equivalents in the cloud.