A client here in NYC is looking for a Copywriter ASAP for a part time, freelance assignment through December.
- Looking for someone who has experience writing for finance as well as lifestyle (on travel, art, etc.)
- Need someone who is comfortable with a wider range of topics and confident in conducting interviews with senior people
- In the client's current phase, they are looking to create engaging and compelling content that will help humanize one of their divisions by gathering exclusive input on topics that selected employees (usually around the MD level) might be expert on, preferably not strictly related to any of the financial products that they offer, though there often is a link between the chosen topics and the services. For example, so far they have prepared articles on art and estates, favorite things to watch/listen/read and local knowledge pieces (on Chicago, SF, Miami and HK), wine, travel and philanthropy.
- Length for these pieces usually varies from 350 to 750 words (format chosen ad-hoc every time) and they are based on phone interviews of around 30 minutes as well as some additional research on the interviewee or their local/regional office. They are looking to produce around 3 articles per month from now on, though there is a certain degree of flexibility on the total number of pieces. This client is looking to leverage this content across as many channels as possible (newsletter, online, events, social media).
- One important thing to note is that this project does require a degree of flexibility with timings as they usually plan their calls / interviews around the interviewees’ availability. With that being said, it is hard for them to predict the workflow much ahead of time, so they are looking for someone who can be quite agile in managing their workflow.
To sum up, the main goals for this project are to:
- Accelerate the growth of the client’s business by building the brand, retaining existing clients, and attracting new clients
- Improve prospecting by creating frequent opportunities for client touch points
- Improve recruitment of new PWAs (Private Wealth Advisors) by better exhibiting our client’s people, thought leadership and the strength of their brand
- Highlight the depth and breadth of our client’s network and the benefits of association with their brands
- Promote their thinking internally and externally, particularly within key regions via pushing content to the press and through own distribution channels