Do you dream in data and SQL?
Do you find yourself wanting to do more in your current job, but haven't had the chance?
Does the idea of playing an intergral part in a startups' succes intrigue you?
If you answered YES to all of these, we have an amazing new position for you!
Vitamin T is partnering with an exciting FinTech startup with an industry changing platform to find a savy Business Analyst for their team. In this role you will be the "go-to" person for all things data, SQL, and marketing performance management. You will play a key role in propelling their growth ambitions by making impactful, data-driven recommendations to fuel customer acquisition and marketing initiatives, develop new product logic and features and improve business economics. Ultimately, the right candidate will be a competent storyteller, using analytical rigor and sound statistical methodology to mine through information, identify patterns and reveal the insight that lead to success.
This opportunity is a good fit if you are articulate, persuasive, and tech savvy. Your challenge will be gather and optimize the data coming in from various sources including SQL databases, Salesforce, Google Analytics, ad platforms (Google, Facebook, etc.), A/B testing, and more. The business analyst will work to develop, maintain and communicate project plans for all research projects, applied insights, product development and client support. Close collaboration with other teams across the firm is critical in this role. The position will report to the VP of Marketing and work closely with the CEO as well as leaders of product, operations and engineering.
What You’ll do:
- Analyze market trends, key business drivers and the competitive landscape to identify, evaluate and optimize our go-to-market messaging and media spend
- Leverage behavioral data to drive customer acquisition through successful execution of their go-to-market strategy and critical enhancements of their product
- Support Marketing leader in investigation, analysis, documentation and reporting on key business drivers of the digital program
- Support the full client financial life cycle from onboarding to platform maturity as the subject matter expert on a deeply financial product
- Design and build queries, reports, and dashboards using business intelligence tools adhering to established frameworks and standards
- Consistently deliver high-quality business intelligence solutions and services to internal teams on schedule
- Bring structure to ambiguous business problems and recommend visualization solutions that can be easily interpreted by users
- Improve all documentation and procedures for report design and production
- Exercise flexibility in handling multiple tasks in this fast paced FinTech/Start-up environment
- Work with internal teams to deliver standard and ad hoc reports to meet the needs of the business
- Establish a project tracking and delivery framework for all research project
- Utilize information from multiple internal and external sources to provide data and analytical support for annual business plans and global/regional marketing initiatives
- Provide information and insights regarding customers, customer behavior, markets, competitors, and campaign effectiveness to measure performance and support business decisions
- Lead efforts in compiling and validating internal and external marketing data for use in projects for Marketing, PR and Strategic Planning.
- 3+ years expereince as a Business or Marketing Analyst with a love for data
- 2+ years of SQL experience and a desire to learn and grow
- Prior experience in management consulting, business analysis, market research or another highly analytical, solutions-oriented role
- Scrappy, can-do attitude – someone who will do whatever it takes to get the job done.
- Solid understanding of statistical methodologies and data analysis
- Familiarity with data visualization tools and concepts
- Demonstrated ability to creatively develop analytic solutions given our business model
- Willingness to gather and organize "non-standard" or unstructured data
- Proficiency in MS Excel and PowerPoint
- Extra points for a Statistics and Mathematics background
Desired Skills and Competencies
- Ability to be hands-on in a fast-paced environment
- Coachable with a willingness to learn
- Organized with a keen eye and attention for detail
- Strong work ethic and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience in financial services, payments, brokerage a huge plus