Educational organization seeks temporary Marketing Account Manager who would be responsible for the support and project management of a variety of offline and online ad campaigns. The Marketing Account Manager will work as a key player in supporting both regional and state-wide marketing campaigns. The Marketing Account Manager would need to work onsite in San Diego during regular business hours. It is unlikely that this role would become permanent.
- Manage day-to-day project work from inception to completion including project planning, project resourcing, project coordination, and project/meeting documentation.
- Work closely with the account team to define project scope and requirements
- Create, communicate, and manage project schedules, budgets and expectations
- Communicate and document project status and strategic recommendations to clients and team members on a regular basis; escalate issues accordingly via the appropriate channels
Tracking and Reporting
- Managing the input of data for proper campaign tracking using the existing lead management/CRM system to track strategies and produce reports by source, location, etc. using analytics tools and other applicable technologies to analyze and communicate results/performance of advertising/marketing efforts.
Budget and Accounts Payable
- Maintain a budget and invoice tracking
- Provide administrative support, as needed
- Performs miscellaneous marketing related duties as assigned for continuous improvement of marketing strategies and implementation.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent. Course work or experience should include emphasis on marketing, communications and/or business, with experience in project management, budgeting and vendor relations.
- 3+ years work experience to include marketing, project management, data management or analytics. Creative writing, email and social media campaign experience desirable. Basic understanding of multi-channel media strategy. Ability to track campaigns and report outcomes. Experience with marketing automation systems (Eloqua) and Google Analytics desirable. Agency experience preferred.
- Creative writing, computer literacy, knowledge of MS Office and able to learn new systems and programs.
- Knowledge of overall digital agency structure and processes with an understanding of creative and development workflow
- Knowledge and experience with traditional waterfall as well as agile development processes
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills
- Highly organized and capable of keeping track of and managing multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Basic understanding of project management tools such as Basecamp, Trello, or Teamwork a plus
- Proficient in MS Office suite
- Basic understanding of WordPress and other 3rd party industry applications
Technical / Functional Skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects, maintain a budget, manage multiple projects simultaneously, and adhere to strict deadlines.
- Self-motivated; goal- and service-oriented; professional image and demeanor.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and collaboration skills and the ability to represent the Department professionally.
- Ability to work with broad parameters and little supervision; demonstrated ability to initiate, conceptualize and complete projects with strict attention to detail.