A digital marketing agency that equips healthcare professional and patients with information is looking to add a Senior Copywriter to their growing team in NYC!
- This client is based in Chicago and 2 1/2 years ago, they opened up an office in NYC!
- Right now they are in the process of working on new business.
- 100 people total. In NYC there are 4 employees (two Creative Directors, 1 production designer and 1 account executive)
- Start: 2 weeks or less after interviews
- Temp to perm: figuring 3 months temp then convert to perm employee
- 5+ years’ experience
- Their clients fall under the pharma/healthcare category. It would be nice if you had a bit of pharma knowledge. If not, financial services, healtcare, insurance, anything regulatory would help.
- Looking for someone who:
- is a self-starter, take direction and execute CD’s vision
- can EXECUTE the work
- has attention to detail
- has a thorough understanding of digital world, different tactics involved
- is super collaborative
- is able to communicate with the team that sits in Chicago
- You are not managing a team, not managing anyone remotely. Eventually, they want you to be able to bring in Junior Copywriter's that can work under you!
- Big part of the role is winning new business, helping with pitches. create assets and concept development, presentation decks
- Originating concept, managing brands, campaigns for patients and healthcare professionals
- Since majority of the team sits in Chicago, you will be communicating day-to-day on Zoom
- Team = ranges from 6-10 people in Chicago, project management, development, account, creatives, all partner together
- Great opportunity to grow here
- Partner very closely with dev team back in Chicago, work hand-in-hand in an agile fashion
- Deliverables: they are a digital first company, so working on a lot of website, emails, banner ads, headlines. You will create a copy document around all the things happening in a website. They are inching further into more print pieces; print collateral, brochures, postcards.
- You would be working directly with the CD on their largest client.
- You will be working through feedback with their clients legal team
- Seeking someone who is able to do the production tasks in order to get them out of the way and contnue on to high-level work. There could be days where you are just solely making changes.
The Senior Copywriter creates compelling content that aligns with strategic communication objectives for multichannel-marketing campaigns. The Senior Copywriter is a creative, conceptual thinker who collaborates with the rest of the project team to ensure that the writing, design and technology we develop achieve the client’s communication objectives and are greater than the sum of their parts.
A Senior Copywriter should be able to serve as a writing lead on projects across multiple brands and quickly learn new brands as they are added to our client roster. Being the writing lead means executing high-level creative, as well as manage the details of execution. While there will be projects on which she or he will have support from a Junior Copywriter, Clinical Research Associate or Copywriter, a Senior Copywriter must be adept at reviewing and executing on changes from the internal team, client, and medical-regulatory-legal reviews.
The Senior Copywriter primarily contributes marketing writing and content management to our projects. When called upon, the Senior Copywriter participates in creative- campaign concepting.
This specific Senior Copywriter position is in our New York City office, working much of the time with team members in Chicago. A commitment and ability to use email, Teams, and video conferencing to effectively communicate as a remote team member is essential to the success of this position.
- Collaborates productively with Designers, Production Writers, Associate Creative
- Directors, Developers, Project Managers and other members of the project team.
- Demonstrates careful attention to detail with proficiency in copyediting, references and proofreading.
- Adheres to brand style in both copy and design.
- Executes strong, engaging marketing writing that aligns with strategic inputs and is highly relevant to the audience.
- Is capable of presenting creative deliverables at internal and client meetings, as well as thoughtfully participating in creative and technology critiques.
- Contributes to creative concepting and treatment development for multichannel marketing campaigns.
- Communicates actively with the project team to keep deliverables on track and on schedule.
- Acts as guardian of content and the recorder of all copy changes throughout the creative process.
- Supports new business pursuits—organizing and contributing to presentations, writing and reviewing presentation decks, etc.
- Understands and follows the creative process.
- Works closely with the Clinical Research Associate to help annotate documents and maintain accurate reference citations.
- When resources allow, may direct and oversee a Production Writer in executing aspects (e.g., straightforward client changes, legal-review changes, etc.) of a given deliverable.
- Contributes to the establishment, enforcement and evolution of copywriting best practices at our company.
- Writes to a variety of audiences, including healthcare professionals, patients and sales representatives.
The Creative Group at our company believes in close collaboration with one another and strong cross-functional partnership with other teams at the agency. We are a nimble group of creative problem solvers, excited by solving creative challenges in order to help our customers meet their marketing objectives and goals. The team is exceptionally passionate, thoughtful, and steadfast in our approach to communicate ideas clearly — all informed by strategic insight aligned to best practices.
- Degree from a college or a university in English, journalism, communications or a related field.
- At least five years of experience as a marketing Copywriter.
- Exhibits a high level of creative and problem-solving skills within the parameters of a highly regulated industry.