Position: UI/Visual Designer
Duration: Approx 11 months
Location: On-site, Oakbrook (not accessible by public transit)
Description of Role:
A digital product company is looking for a UI Visual Designer to join our User Experience team. You will be an integral part of the team that designs and delivers simple, convenient and valuable product experiences to customers across channels (Web, Mobile, Kiosk). The UI Visual Designer is responsible for creating the visual look and feel in partnership with UX Architects and Brand marketing for all design artifacts for initiatives
Establish the look and feel for roduct experiences across channels Web, Mobile, and Kiosk within existing brand requirements
• Work collaboratively with multi-disciplinary teams including Product Managers, Software Architects, and various business partners, integrating technical, business, and customer perspectives to design user experiences that are easy to use.
• Work with other designers and programmers to achieve strong visual and technological solutions without sacrificing usability.
- Interface with a variety of internal and external clients and resources.
- Visualizing concepts quickly and cleanly through sketching and other rapid prototyping methods (such as Post-It, paper and whiteboard).
- Implements corporate web design standards and guidelines.
- Participates in quality assurance checks throughout production process.
- Works collaboratively with designers to define page types and templates for production.
- Works closely with user experience specialist, designers and traffic production specialist to formulate the product concept, interface design, and content presentation.
- Participates in team projects, and assist other team members on ad hoc basis.
- Takes on additional design projects as required to support creative services design team to be successful in managing workflow.
• Work self-guided and has ability to work collaboratively with a cross functional team
• Demonstrated ability to design complex user interfaces and interactions for web, mobile, kiosk and cross channel experiences
• Hands-on mastery of visual design deliverables, including asset organization and delivery to technology and translating UI designs and communicating design requirements effectively
• Ability to facilitate ideation sessions, exploring alternate design options in order to discover optimal solutions.
• Familiarity with all aspects of user centered design methodology
• Ability to manage multiple competing deadlines
• Knowledge of accessibility standards (Section 508, WCAG) for visual designs
Bachelors degree in design related field or equivalent experience
• 3+ years of experience in UI design (preferably within a UX team)
• Expertise in one or more prototyping tools.
• Familiarity with technology platforms, collaborative, and prototyping tools such as Marvel.
• Extensive hands-on experience with one or more tools such as Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, etc)
• Must have a UI design portfolio.