An online service that provides designer dress and accessory rentals is seeking a Senior UX Designer to join their team!
- Start: ASAP
- Interview Process: initial call with Manager of Talent Acquisition, then phone call with Lead Experience Designer, then onsite interview with 6-7 team members. You may also meet with the Chief Operating Officer
- As of now, you are not managing anyone. You will be an individual contributor. They are continuing to expand and grow UX team, so management may come down the line.
- Project: focused on subscription projects
- You will conduct a little bit of research, but more visual (site maps, user flows)
- You must have experience with native apps, iOS, Android, mobile websites, and desktop
- Looking for someone who can:
- compile simple prototypes
- execute and interpret user testing and research
- be strategic in thinking about users and also business needs
- You will be working very closely with technical and non-technical collaborators
- Preferred industry: fashion, beauty, luxury
- ECOMMERCE EXPERIENCE IS HUGE!
- Sketch, InVision, Keynote
We’re looking for a Senior Experience Designer (UX) with demonstrated experience owning the UX design process on complex projects–from concept to execution. The Senior Experience Designer must be self-directed and able to function as an independent contributor, but also thrive working collaboratively with cross-functional teams including product managers, engineers, UI designers, marketers, and stakeholders. Our projects can span across our site, app, retail tech, and even internal tools, and demand expertise in research, flow-mapping, information architecture, interaction design, information design, and user testing.
You’re a great candidate if you enjoy being the voice of the user, taking into consideration user needs and best practices when designing new features, and thinking holistically about the impact your work is making on the business. Flexibility and the ability to prioritize in a changing business environment will make you successful in RTR’s results-oriented culture, as will the ability to perform under pressure, act with professionalism and maturity, and seamlessly manage multiple digital initiatives, all while bringing energy and creativity to work each day.
- Create innovative experiences that meet both business goals and requirements, and user needs and expectations
- Own the UX design throughout the lifecycle of a project, from the initial brief to ongoing consultation through implementation/launch
- Identify and create the best UX deliverables for a given project, from flow diagrams and low-fidelity prototypes to help define a complex user flow, to detailed information and interaction design to help users process digest content
- Facilitate and participate in cross-functional brainstorming sessions to define business and project objectives, while discussing various solutions
- Lead and manage usability tests (setting up screeners, discussion guides, and moderating users)
- Interface with product managers, UI designers, engineers, product marketers, and other stakeholders
- Bachelor’s degree plus 7+ years of UX design experience, including 4+ years experience working on highly functional and/or transactional experiences; e-commerce experience a plus, but not required
- Strong understanding of design principles and the UX process, and how to balance those with the needs of the business
- Ability to create and present strategic experiences that ladder up into business goals and opportunities
- Experience executing and interpreting user testing and research using sound methodology
- Excellent verbal and written skills to be able to communicate to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines under pressure with little management
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Strong sense of accountability and ownership of projects
- Experience presenting to executives and guiding decisions for enhancements, features or redesigns
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Fluency in or strong working knowledge of Sketch
- Ability to prototype in InVision and/or Principle
- Ability to provide UI designs a plus, but not required