Project Manager: 11 month contract.
Well known tech/social client.
Pay up to £270 per/day PAYE + holiday pay.
To start ASAP. Central London
We are looking for a strong Project Manager who is resourceful, action oriented with the ability to get things done and overcome obstacles.
The right person will be tech savvy with strong working knowledge of change and risk management as well as being highly experienced handling multiple stakeholders in an effective manner.
Global experience is preferred to be able to understand the complexity of this programme management.
You will have the opportunity to work with the most state of the art technology, embed yourself in a successful, growing organisation that also offers permanent opportunities for the right candidates.
• Manage cross-functional site infrastructure projects in a matrix organisation.
• Plan, coordinate and drive major maintenance initiatives and Moves, Adds, and Changes (MAC) events in the data centres.
• Develop and manage end-to-end project plans and ensure on-time completion. Interface with engineering teams and business owners for project requirements and scope.
• Identify operational pain points and opportunities to improve business practices and prioritise resources in areas that will deliver the greatest impact.
• Review operational issues and determine if a technology solution is required or a process correction needs to be made.
• Perform risk management and change management on projects.
• Drive internal process improvements across multiple teams and functions.
• Ensure there is sound communication between various groups and projects. Maintain program status wiki pages and provide frequent program updates. Identify and communicate risks and adjustments to the overall program.
• Provide day-to-day coordination and quality assurance for projects and tasks.
• Minimum 2 years work experience in Project Management with a demonstrated track record of delivering business value using technology solutions in high-tech operations space.
• Proven project management, interpersonal, and communication skills, with high attention to detail.
• Strong communication and coordination skills and stakeholder management
• Must be proactive with proven ability to execute on multiple tasks simultaneously
• Ability to collaborate with different individuals across the organisation and within other geographies, and "roll-up the sleeves" in order to accomplish all necessary tasks
• Strong organisational and time management skills
• Past experience as an engineer a plus
• Ability to closely walk the line between business and technology
• Bachelor’s degree in MIS, computer science, systems engineering, business, or a related field.