My client are looking for a curious, energetic, creative and resourceful instructional designer to produce innovative, compelling content aimed at internal teams.
This is an exciting opportunity to put your exceptional design skills to use in a highly creative and performance-driven design team. In this role, you will focus on the end to end design of training content for small and large scale change management initiatives that require full curriculums that follow the journey of an employee from onboarding to career progression.
You will help turn complex information into simple yet engaging story forms helping the brand's audiences acquire knowledge and skills.
An important part of your role will be to find the best ways to relate ideas, concepts, facts and information into training, making them easy to understand and internalize. Working well with colleagues - seeking, appreciating and giving constructive feedback are among the qualities that they value
They have an agency set up with the creative freedom to develop highly impactful content as part of a team of various types of designers. Their work involves creating training that’s compelling and useful and resonates with our millennial audience. They develop content across a mix of media and have a platform that their audiences are highly engaged with. There is a high performance culture with the same level of team and management support to make sure the work produced is exceptional.
You’ll work as part of the LPS Learning team and be a key part of the change management process; working from consultation to delivery of training content for the LPS audience of 5000+ people across the world.
• Build relationships with key stakeholders as a valued expert in adult learning
• Collaborate with stakeholders, subject matter experts and fellow support teams to ensure that accurate learning content is designed and is part of the wider change management initiative.
• Design sticky learning solutions in multiple formats; both trainer-led and online, to address identified skills gaps whilst considering how it fits with other support teams work to help deliver a powerful and effective employee experience
• For online content: Support your media designer peers by collaborating on the learning journey, considering content for use in video, graphics, audio, copy and quizzes to feed into the online learning
• For trainer-led content: Design relevant and achievable objectives, visually appealing materials and clear guidance for the facilitator to present high quality learning content that works globally.
• Produce effective train the trainers - suitable for the content, to set up a facilitator for delivery whilst working with capacity planning from train the trainer through to delivery of the learning to LPS, alongside your fellow support team
• Measure the effectiveness of the content you produce to enable future improvements
• To push the boundaries of what’s possible in learning, always looking for innovative ways to embed learning
• Ability to handle stakeholders of varying levels - consulting to understand their needs and gaps; knowing when learning is the right solution and sharing the rationale for transparency
• Collaborate across multiple channels from inside and outside LPS learning
• Communicate and collaborate effectively with fellow learning team and wider LPS support teams
• A 50/50 mix of strong organization and creative skills
• Ability to develop content that’s compelling and useful for our audience
• Presents ideas clearly, with excellent communication skills
• Ability to effectively simplify content, deducing complex ideas into simple, easy to understand content.
• Analyze source content converting it into powerful adult learning
• Translate designs into visual appealing materials
• Ability to deal with ambiguity and change
• Experience/education in adult learning theory
• Experience creating measurable learning content
• Experience in considering global needs
• Strong organizational skills and an ability to prioritize based on the needs of the business
• Experience using Mac and Microsoft Office.
Knowledge and Behaviour
• Helps the team win
• Excellent communicator
• Shows judgement when analyzing and making decisions
• Audience focused
• Excellent time and workload management skills
•Ability to prioritize
•Passionate about travel
• Enthusiastic and positive attitude