Vitamin T in Chicago has an exciting opportunity for a Freelance Proofreader with a global agency in downtown. This will be an on-going role (with potential for overtime), working on a few clients, both in the retail and pharma space. The ideal candidate will have extensive expereince in a fast-paced agency setting, with tobacco or pharma (regulation). Must be open to working overtime, when needed.
The role will be to take on proofreading during the design / production stages of development to ensure accuracy and prepare files for print or digital publication. To be successful in this position, you should possess strong proofreader and most importantly production quality control in reviewing various mechanical files, versioning, image management, and data points.
You should also have an eye for detail and production experience in regards to high volume retail accounts in terms of managing continuous stream of detail-oriented, high volume print (retail).
Primary Focus & Responsibilities:
- Review various advertising production materials for print, digital, and creative presentations. Proofread the weekly versioning creative & mechanical documents used for large commercial printing.
- Review and evaluate client deliverables for content, grammar, style, and accuracy, as well as relevance to selected weekly campaign.
- Work collaboratively in team environment with creatives, designers, production to proactively resolve inaccuracies.
- Possess a solid understanding of standard productions operating procedures, workflows both digital & conventional. Follow extensive legal advertising requirements.
- Accurate time sheet recording of all labor and materials to the proper internal job numbers on a daily basis.
- Customers service oriented and be in tune to client needs and foster a team relationship with co-workers and all agency disciplines.
- Have the initiative and interest to increase knowledge and skills advantageous to our industry. Be a go getter is regards to the latest production quality control methodologies and new techniques in our industry.
- Share ideas and opinions to improve quality, creative design, production mechanicals or enhancements to our internal processes & procedures.
- Other duties as assigned by studio management.
- Proven work experience as an proofreader, quality contoller, or similar role.
- Conventional or digital Portfolio of completed projects and creative projects required.
- Solid knowledge of proofreading process, preflighting tools, & Adobe Creative Suite.
- 4-7 years of professional experience proofreading/editing or equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- Proofreading & Quality control skills with extreme attention to detail.
- Skill Assessments are determined from / at the interview process, portfolio evaluation, observation and skill assessment testing are required
- At least 4-7 years of experience in Agency Studios, Production environments, and or Creative Production.