An education client here in NYC is looking for a Senior UX Design Lead for a year long freelance role
- Working on usability testing
- UX, business analysis, wireframes, user flows, research
- Some visual design, but don’t need a master visual designer
- Looking for someone with experience with Sketch, Photoshop, InDesign, Invision for prototyping
- Looking for someone who has experience with complicated web apps like finance/ e-commerce systems
- Looking for clean, sophisticated approach to complicated data structures - back end work, admin experience
Looking to bring on a Senior Lead UX Designer to help build out the future of our digital ecosystem. 2019 is going to be a big year of change and we need someone who can think big picture about the future of our digital platforms, and at the same time is able to go deep into the details for how to get it done. We are looking for someone who is a systems-thinker and has experience developing large-scale, multi-platform ecosystems that deliver on an end-to-end experience for each of our audience-types.
The Senior Lead UX Designer is charged with fully understanding the business and operational details of our organization as a basis for designing digital solutions. You will work closely with our Program Owners to understand their needs and can guide the creative team in finding solutions that achieve business goals and serve user needs. Working in a cross-functional team (Design Research, UX, Content Strategy, Visual Design, Project Management, Development), you have a solid understanding of the different disciplines and can lead the planning and sequencing of creative work to ensure a project’s success, partnering with a Project Manager to develop the plans and timelines.
The Senior Lead UX Designer is not just a thinker, but also a maker. You will lead the development of presentation materials (Keynote, PowerPoint, Google Slides) and can distill complex information into focused and impactful presentations. You should be skilled and comfortable with presenting to a range of leadership levels, from Program Owners to the Executive Leadership Team, earning buy-in for the work in a manner that instills confidence in leadership.
What you’ll do:
• Analysis of business and technical requirements
• Partner with design researchers to answer design research questions and translate findings into user interface
• Creation of user personas and other methodologies for defining target audience, and user needs
• Creation of user journeys and flows to capture current and future states of user pathways
• Design of information architecture and compelling user interfaces
• Development of wireframes, interaction prototypes, specifications and other design documents to communicate design ideas to project teams
• Lead user testing and stakeholder reviews to validate the efficacy of these solutions, with support from dedicated design researchers
• Create of strategic materials and demos to internal and external teams
• Coordinate with project management and design team to ensure timely delivery of design artifacts
• A significant contribution to, and the fostering of our design process and quality standards based on objective, data-driven evidence
• Forming and maintaining solid relationships with project team members and stakeholders
• Foster a collaborative and learning environment by partnering with stakeholders and facilitating design decisions to optimize for the user experience while balancing interests within technology, marketing, business, and executive partners
• Be the ''voice of the customer,'' representing user needs in product design decisions
• A strong negotiator that is willing to collaborate and find a middle ground
• Someone who is dedicated and passionate about our non-profit mission
• A great storyteller both with words and visualizations
• Effective, but easy-going – someone that is fun to work with and really thrives in a collaborative environment
• A leader that is not afraid to speak up about what they feel is important, but also is strategic in picking their battles
• A person with a good sense of humor who isn’t afraid to try and fail (or to try and succeed!)
• Have experience in, familiarity with working in agile, or iterative design and delivery environments.
• Able to provide relevant case studies and a portfolio of your work