An education client here in NYC is looking for a Senior Design Research Lead for a year long freelance assignment
- This person will lead user testing and research
- Working on quantitative research - need someone who is able to crunch numbers
- Looking for candidates who have experience doing the research and finding targeted user groups
- Usability testing
- This role is mainly data and research driven. You won't need to do a ton of wireframes
- Must have experience working with Sketch, Photoshop, InDesign, Invision for prototyping
- Looking for clean, sophisticated approach to complicated data structures - back end work, admin experience
Most important soft skill = experience holding their own while working with multiple internal/external stake holders. Someone who has enough experience to work autonomously with some direction
- A blend of UX Design and UX Research experience is fine as long as they have had a focus on conducting research for at least 3 years. Ideal candidate would have at least 5+ years exp in UX.
Hard skills =
- Experience conducting qualitative and quantitive UX research, design research, data collection, user advocacy, and usability testing.
- Some remote/onsite usability testing will be part of this role. (Example would be observing a classroom during test administration)
What makes this role unique = looking for someone with some quantitate research background. This could include web analytics, A/B testing, statistics, working in Excel or Sequel.
This client is looking to bring on a Senior Design Research Lead to help build out the future of our digital ecosystem. 2019 is going to be a big year of change and we need someone who can think big picture about the future of our digital platforms, and at the same time is able to go deep into the details for how to get it done. We are looking for someone who is a systems-thinker and has experience developing large-scale, multi-platform ecosystems that deliver on an end-to-end experience for each of our audience-types.
The Senior Design Research Lead is charged with fully understanding the business and operational details of our organization as a basis for designing digital solutions. You will work closely with our Program Owners to understand their needs and can guide the creative team in finding solutions that achieve business goals and serve user needs. Working in a cross-functional team (Design Research, UX, Content Strategy, Visual Design, Project Management, Development), you have a solid understanding of the different disciplines and can lead the planning and sequencing of creative work to ensure a project’s success, partnering with a Project Manager to develop the plans and timelines.
The Senior Design Research Lead is not just a thinker, but also a maker. You will lead the development of presentation materials (Keynote, PowerPoint, Google Slides) and can distill complex information into focused and impactful presentations. You should be skilled and comfortable with presenting to a range of leadership levels, from Program Owners to the Executive Leadership Team, earning buy-in for the work in a manner that instills confidence in leadership.
What you’ll do:
• Design, manage, conduct quantitative user research projects including surveys, traffic pattern analysis, SEO and other data.
• Design, manage, conduct qualitative user research projects such as observational task completion, user needs interviews, and ethnographic studies.
• Present, represent and advocate for findings and recommendations
• Inform designs by understanding the users’ needs, behaviors, problems and conceptual models
• Test designs with users and user-representatives
• Measure product effectiveness using quantitative data
• Be a core member of a cross-discipline team, taking shared responsibility for the success of the project
• Partner with other research disciplines (Data Science and Behavioral Research) to support their efforts, rely on their expertise when appropriate and insure the user is represented in all research activities.
• Coordinate with project management and design team to ensure timely delivery of artifacts
• A significant contribution to, and the fostering of our design process and quality standards based on objective, data-driven evidence
• Creation of strategic materials and demos to internal and external teams
• Be the ''voice of the customer,'' representing user needs in product design decisions
• A strong negotiator that is willing to collaborate and find a middle ground
• Someone who is dedicated and passionate about our non-profit mission
• A great storyteller both with words and visualizations
• Effective, but easy-going – someone that is fun to work with and really thrives in a collaborative environment
• A leader that is not afraid to speak up about what they feel is important, but also is strategic in picking their battles
• A person with a good sense of humor who isn’t afraid to try and fail (or to try and succeed!)
• Have experience in, familiarity with working in agile, or iterative design and delivery environments.
• Able to provide relevant case studies and a portfolio of your work