AQUENT is looking for a Qualitative User Experience Researcher who will be responsible for creating research designs, analysis of research, conducting both in house and remote studies, both moderated and un-moderated. The ideal UX Researcher will have at least 4 years of experience in a dedicated UX Research or Design Research role (not just research as part of the design process). If you have at least 3-5 year of dedicated research experience with a focus on usability benchmarking & empathy interviews, this could be a great opportunity for you!
Why would you be interested? Join a team that supports over 60 designers, doing everything from light consults to full out research and analysis for designers. This is a team where research is at the core of design, not an after-thought! The team's mission is real & all designers whole-heartedly believe in it. They show up each day to drive their mission!
The UX Researcher will work across the entire breadth of the product lifecycle, from generative through evaluative research. You will work to improve the usability, usefulness, and desirability of our experiences in collaboration with Designers, Product Managers, Software Developers, and other Stakeholders within the line of business.
Day to day:
- Conduct a variety of qualitative user research activities (e.g. empathy interviews, ethnographies, contextual inquiries, co-creation) as part of an interdisciplinary design process that includes designers, product managers and tech
- Conduct usability benchmarking and continued testing of tools and apps
- Teach and mentor designers on a variety of research activities, including empathy interviews, concept and usability testing, co creation, diary studies, in home interviews
- Actively monitor and analyze research, data, and trends from internal sources, academic research, and industry published reports to inform and improve our research methods
- Present and communicate research and analysis clearly and effectively across various organizations in any format required. Able to sell, support, explain, and simply present usability approach and research to various audience types from sophisticated design experts to non-designers
- Experience with, or willingness to learn eye-tracking is a plus.
- Have a track record of working with teams of various stakeholders, including designers, researchers, strategists, product managers, and tech partners
- Effectively work with multiple stakeholders' interests, priorities, and expectations while working on individual research projects
- Have experience guiding teams to employ the best research methods for the problem, employing strategies to address stakeholder push back
- Be willing to teach and mentor designers in various research activities.
- Be able to present research to a variety of stakeholders with varying levels of research understanding; guide designers in the best practices in communicating research.
- Bachelor's degree
- At least 4 years of experience as a Design Researcher in a corporate or consulting capacity
- 1+ years of usability testing and user experience research within a lab environment
- Master’s degree in Psychology, Anthropology, Ethnography, Sociology, HCI, Human Factors, or related field
- 5+ years of experience as a Design or Market Researcher in a corporate or consulting capacity
- 3+ years of usability testing and user experience research within a lab environment
- 2+ years of eye-tracking experience on both digital products and physical spaces.