A national lending and banking company offering student loan refinancing, mortgages, personal loans and more is seeking a Senior Digital Marketing Manager to join their team!
- Start: ASAP
- Level: 7-10 years' of experience. The work can come off as more of a lower-level resource. However, their plan is to grow and they want people in this position to know what they are doing. This person would get resource help quite quickly.
- Interview Process: 2-3 rounds. One phone interview and 1-2 in-person
- Hours: 9-6, may require some OT for social posting or handling fire drills on the digital side
- Software: They use WordPress as their CMS system and BrightEdge as their SEO tracking tool. If you are not familiar with either of those but are fluent in other CMS and SEO tracking tools, that works too
- Duration: this is a temp-to-perm opportunity BUT can also be a straight permanent opportunity
- Must be digitally savvy
- You will be: optimizing organic digital content and website content, managing process of taking content from initial idea to creative production to publication through a compliance process and setting it up and measuring results
- Help manage social media platforms: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn
- Report To: Director of Digital Marketing who sits in San Diego, CA
- You do NOT need finance or banking industry experience, but digital fluency and experience with SEO and paid social, social calendarization
- The main 3 things that you would be doing coming into this role are:
- manage an enterprise level social media plan and develop a social media strategy. this person would define social strategy. own social media. be gatekeeper. curating content. putting together calendarization of everything going in social channels. You will own social strategy for brand.
- optimization of SEO, streamlining SEO process
- ownership of influencer program
- After those three, then content optimization and content production come in. You would be the Project Manager on some of that.
The Senior Digital Marketing Manager (DMM) will primarily be responsible for managing and optimizing all organic content, building a new digital influencer program to engage broader audiences and garner new customers and optimizing the website for organic search growth. In addition, other periodic digital tasks such as awards management, public relations support and customer testimonial engagement may be required. The DMM will help develop the strategy and supervise the creation of organic social content, directing the production, execution and calendarizing of that social media content. In addition to organic social, the DMM will manage organic search optimization by working with the BrightEdge SEO team. The role is highly opportunistic with the ability to execute, plan, project manage and deploy organic content. This role is highly relationship-driven and requires someone who has a proven ability to work is fast-moving, complex team setting. We are seeking an New York-based professional who is well-versed in digital best practices, takes accountability and is eager to learn and always willing to tackle the next project.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Develop and execute robust social media calendar and content plan both individually and with the product team. The DMM will have agency and internal creative support for social media content
- Manage social content including acting as the central point of contact for all internal and external stakeholders to ensure all activities are on-track
- Lead efforts to optimize for organic search results including improving content and website architecture
- Manage organic content performance to robust reporting and forecasting goals for website engagement, social media followership and most importantly, new application and loan growth
- Construct and execute a robust digital influencer program to extend the brand to additional audiences and reach for new customers. Including:
- Influencer outreach and recruitment
- Influencer management and oversight
- The adherence of influencers to a rigorous set of rules and compliance approval process
- Draft applications and write submissions for brand awards
- Support public relations activities using social channels
- Collect customer testimonials by reaching out to customers through various channels
- Assist in implementing site CMS changes and needed redirects
- Adhere to compliance procedures and internal/operational risk controls in accordance with any and all applicable regulatory standards, requirements, and policies.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proven track record of developing and executing clear and robust digital media strategies in social channels
- Experience in content creation and leading content strategies
- A strong understanding and examples of how to articulate a clear brand narrative and ensure design consistency
- Deriving campaign performance metrics and forecasting campaign results
- The ability to seek and create unique opportunities/content on social platforms
- Comfort with presenting campaign performance to leadership and peers in clear and understandable way
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- The ability to lead meetings, create structure and strong project management skills
- Highly collaborative skills with the ability to work cross-functionally and adaptive to different work environments
- Knowledge of SEO best practices
- Experience executing a social media content calendar
- Experience auditing social performance and making recommendations for performance improvement
- Experience setting up and targeting audiences in paid social channels
- Experience working with WordPress
- Experience working with BrightEdge or comparable SEO tracking tool.