If you’re looking for the freedom to drive innovation, this may be the opportunity for you! Our client is looking for a talented, ambitious Sr. Product Designer to lead the design team for their internal consulting division.
Their internal consulting group is the new hub for innovation and incubation with a large, industrial conglomerate headquartered in Everett. They often say that the have the soul of a small company and the energy of a startup...this is the place where that flame burns brightly. They combine forces at to identify and develop disruptive new technologies, new ways of moving their customers forward, and new ways of working. They test, they experiment, they prototype, they learn, with energy and passion and speed to fuel their growth. We are scouting out breakthrough ideas—from across our their teams and from emerging technologies and trends outside the company—and they validate, iterate, and accelerate the most invigorating opportunities. This is the place where What-if? turns into What’s next?; where How might we? becomes Wow, we did that!
We do things a little differently at our client. They move needles, reduce uncertainty, and get after it. If building a website in hours, not months, or pushing the frontiers of IOT or RFID before lunch sounds like your kind of thing, then this role just might be your dream.
As the Sr. Product Designer for our client, you and the team of designers will be responsible for developing prototypes for these growth teams, and will need to be versatile in both UI/UX and Graphic Design. Possible prototypes include web and mobile app screens, landing pages, storyboards, journey maps, infographics, product sketches and marketing advertisements. Here’s what your days will look like:
- Lead your team in support of innovation cohorts by creating visual and tangible prototypes of their business solutions.
- Collaborate with growth teams to create designs for training and marketing materials. Deliverables include print handouts, training canvases and slide decks.
- Occasionally travel to company sites to network with growth teams and provide prototyping leadership.
Our Needs: Please provide your robust portfolio of past projects that showcase your skills
- Minimum of 5+ years creative industry experience is desired. Experience leading design teams from successful prototypes to production level on accelerated timeframes.
- Expert in design tools like Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite and other industry-standard tools.
- Experience with interaction design and prototyping tools is desired (Invision, After Effects, Framer). ment skills a bonus.
- Illustration, motion graphics, Industrial Design, or front-end develop
- Energy, a sense of humor, and an open & curious mind required.
- Exceptional visual communication skills.