The temporary Marketing Project Manager is responsible for account management, marketing strategy, and campaign implementation. The Marketing Project Manager, working onsite in San Diego, will be responsible for developing marketing strategies and plans to meet the goals and objective of organization's marketing services team. The Marketing Project Manager independently manages execution of the plans, ensuring that campaigns launch on time and within budget. The Marketing Project Manager is also responsible for implementing effective data tracking and must use quantitative data to refine plans as necessary to achieve goals.
Marketing Strategy Development:
• Utilize expert level of digital and traditional media strategies and best practices to implement effective and cost-efficient campaigns for assigned departments; analyze quantitative results to aid in refining strategies and campaigns for continuous improvement.
• Marketing strategy and campaign execution that includes: maximization of leads; elevation of corporate image and message; improvement of quality and processes; increased efficiencies; effective database mining, actionable quantitative analysis. Activities include, but are not limited to: strategic/executional recommendations; tactical execution/implementation; expectation-setting relative to planning; work scheduling; deliverables, results and budget management and reporting; project management; content writing/editing; list procurement; materials delivery; actionable quantitative analysis; vendor integration and management.
• Manage the project details related to lead cultivation programs for organization's departments. This includes working with the Information Technology department to create necessary email protocols, landing pages, micro sites, edits to website content, etc.
• Collect and analyze data from a variety of sources, both internally and externally to accurately assess market trends and identify marketing opportunities. This includes consumer research, industry news, competitive information, student/prospect data, etc.
• Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree desired.
• Responsible, relevant work experience and training beyond the minimum (see below) may be substituted.
Course work or experience should include emphasis on marketing and/or business administration, and digital and traditional marketing strategy management,
• Minimum of five (5) to seven (7) years of work experience that includes marketing – ideally both digital and traditional, and sales, advertising, project management, business community partnerships, fundraising, and/or educational admissions programs.
• Must have demonstrated ability to meet or exceed goals as well as establishing and maintaining business relationships.
• Previous agency experience strongly preferred
• Management experience, or relevant education or project/resource management is preferred.
• Experience in utilizing data analytics to aid in strategy and campaign development (Google Analytics)
Technical / Functional Skills
• Must possess an understanding of marketing, advertising and digital marketing.
• Highly capable of data analysis to measure impact of marketing strategies and to utilize data to develop recommendations for improvement.