Vitamin T is seeking a Web Production Designer for our southend outdoor retail client. This person is responsible for the visual representation of our client's online outdoor education articles. They will be taking edited articles and identifying the visuals needed to support the article. They will either choose and size existing photos from the digital asset management system, or they will identify photos that need to be shot by our client's in-house photographer. They may also need to provide illustrations or other visual solutions to support the article content. They will format articles in the CMS, enter the appropriate metadata, create PDFs for review, execute changes as directed, and publish the articles -- while meeting all deadlines. There is flexibility to work remotely 1-2 days/week.
• Concepting, wireframing and executing creative digital visual solutions, following client's design standards, to represent key educational concepts (including but not limited to simple and technical illustrations, infographics, animated GIFs, animations, etc.)
• Planning, acquiring, choosing, manipulating, sizing and placing appropriate photos and graphics to illustrate educational concepts, including working within client’s digital asset management system
• Influencing, designing and/or implementing improved UI/UX elements within our CMS environment
• Managing daily production of Expert Advice content in our CMS environment while maintaining accuracy, quality and adherence to publishing deadlines
• Adheres to Client and Expert Advice style and format guidelines.
• Communicates and collaborates effectively with team to confirm and complete tasks on time.
• Ability to represent EA’s design and interaction requirements to internal, cross-divisional and external partners on a project-by-project basis as required
• Champions new, exciting and effective ways to help our customers discover Expert Advice content
- Background in Journalism and affinity for outdoor activities
- Ability to collaborate with creative teams; to meet deadlines; to be self-directed and detail-oriented
- Excellent visual design skills and proficiency in one or more of the following: illustration, infographics, graphic design, motion graphics, photography
- Digital art Proficient in current Adobe Creative Suite including InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
- Working knowledge of HTML and CSS required
- Experience with content management systems or blog platforms