Our innovative and rapidly growing messaging based client in San Francisco are looking for an Android QA tester who enjoys the full cycle of manual testing, creating and executing a strategy and tests, writing a plan, finding regressions, and logging and verifying bugs. If this sounds like you and you have the below qualifications and want to be an important part of an amazing company apply now!
● You have at least 2 years of hands on Android experience with testing mobile applications and have been successful working in similar role.
● You possess the important skill of juggling multiple high priority projects and know how to prioritize and manage your time.
● You have experience with usability and accessibility testing and you love it.
● Your organizational skills and ability to capture and record detailed and accurate information about bugs and systemic issues are not to be mocked.
● You have the ability to use Xcode and/or Android Studio to build and launch test applications on mobile devices or simulators.
● You possess the ability to think outside the box and approach clients from multiple users’ perspectives, sensitivity towards pain points that could represent loss of a team or user (whether it’s an actual bug or not).
● Improvisation and flexibility as we operate differently than other teams. Standard QA processes won’t always work. Bring your bag of tricks.
You will be responsible for
● Working with engineering, design, product management, project management, customer experience, and other QA to design, own, and deliver on test plans for the mobile clients.
● You will help develop and maintain a robust library of test cases for both new and existing features.
● You will need to be a reliable, friendly, and non judgemental source of early feedback on new functionality and feature changes.
● You can expect to work with members of the Customer Experience team to ensure that testing is complete and thorough before launching.
● You should be ready to work with Engineering to isolate and reproduce defects across all parts of the system and identify gaps in coverage.
Your typical week might include
● Writing test cases and running tests for new features on our mobile applications.
● Bug verification, running smoke and regression suites on fixes.
● Working with the Customer Experience Team to help identify steps to reproduce, asking clarifying questions and writing bugs.
● Experience with Charles Proxy, Jira, and TestRail
● Experience working with Applause (3rd party agency)