Vitamin T in Chicago has an immediate need for a Production Designer, with an agency in downtown. The Designer supports the execution of layouts for creative production, to building precise and accurate files for a variety of mediums: inserts/circulars, print, collateral, POS, direct mail, digital, and more, with direction from studio management, print production, agency creatives, retouching, account, and other agency disciplines.
The role will be to take on the creative production during the design stages of development to ensure accuracy and prepare files for client reviews and ready for transitions production team. To be successful in this position, you should possess strong creative and production technical skills to format various files for clients review stages. You should also have an eye for detail and creative production experience in regards to high volume retail accounts in terms of managing continuous streams of detail-oriented, high volume print (retail) elements as in: Insert / circulars, versioning, posters, handbills, GO’s, and other POS materials.
Primary Focus & Responsibilities:
- Create and revise various advertising creative layouts for print, digital, and creative presentations. Creation of creative regional layouts in partnership with collaborate with agency creative teams to design/execute creative concepts.
- Partner with account, print production, agency creatives, copy, photographers, retouchers, and studio teams in the development of creative executions.
- Learn, understand and adhere to client brand guidelines, style guides and templates.
- Participate in all client creative reviews and the proofing review process via ProofHQ.
- Be an active member of the creative production team and hand off files in accordance with established processes.
- Accurate time sheet recording of all labor and materials to the proper internal job numbers on a daily basis.
- Customers service oriented and be in tune to client needs and foster a team relationship with co-workers and all agency disciplines.
- Have the initiative and interest to increase creative knowledge and skills advantageous in building a strong creative practice. Be a go getter is regards to the latest creative advances, & techniques.
- Share ideas and opinions to improve creative design or enhancements to our internal processes & procedures.
- Other duties as assigned by studio management.
- Proven work experience as an Creative Production Design, designer, graphic artist, or similar role.
- Conventional or digital Portfolio of completed creative production designs and creative projects required.
- Solid knowledge of creative, printing process, Adobe Creative Suite, & DAM/CMS image retrieval systems.
- Hands-on experience with creative graphic production design software and image editing softwares (e.g. Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator & others).
- Basic knowledge of HTML and web development systems a plus but not required.
- Skill Assessments are determined from / at the interview process, portfolio evaluation, observation and skill assessment testing are required.
- Associates, Bachelors, BFA, degree preferred, majoring in art, graphic design, creative production or advertising.
- At least 6+ years of experience in Agency Creative Studios, Production environments, and or Creative Production.