Vitamin T is partnering with a global real estate company to find their new Senior Interior and Architectural Design Director (Retail) for their corporate headquarters in Chicago, IL.
Their passionate team is comprised of experts across a range of specialties who share a goal of ensuring their properties are continuously evolving and innovating to meet the needs of consumers and communities. Their company culture celebrates collaboration, encourages an entrepreneurial spirit and values diversity. They are very proud to have a team of premier talent who are in it to win it.
In order to be considered you must have an online portfolio of work showing interior architectural design as well as experience managing teams.
Lead, motivate/inspire and manage the Retail Design Group. Provide leadership, coaching and support to the Retail Design team to actively manage and deliver project requests from the supporting business groups. Be a strategic thinker – turning insights, observations and requests into solutions that exceed design and project expectations. Provide updates and insights to the team and supporting business units on retail trends/environments in the US and Globally. Work with and in collaboration with both tenant coordination and furniture procurement to provide design support to execute projects across our portfolio.
- Extensive knowledge of Adobe Creative Suites (InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator)
- Strong 3D hand sketching and rendering skills, 3D Sketch Up and 2D graphic layout skills
- Strong PowerPoint Animation Skills, CAD preferred
- Fixture/lightening concept and development
- New materials selection/specification and furniture
- Bachelor degree in Interior Design or Architecture
- 8+ years of experience in retail design/hospitality design with a fantastic portfolio and team management experience
- Knowledge of materials and methods of fabrication and installation, fixture concept and development, lighting concept and development, new materials selection and specifications for both large and smaller projects.
- Extensive experience in the design management, leasing process, tenant coordination, and creative implementation in working with local retailers, emerging and national brands
- Ability to work in a fast paced team environment, as a collaborator, leader as well as independently to meet timelines.
- Ability to provide constructive feedback to design team quickly and effectively to provide guidance and coaching.
- Strong portfolio/work in retail, airports and or hospitality design
- Excellent presentation and communication abilities both internally and externally
- Passionate about design in all areas, and able to be the design inspiration for multiple highly-creative interdisciplinary teams within the organization
- Experience directing and providing leadership for design teams from business development presentations through developing strategy and design concepts
- Strong leadership, organization, communication and relationship management skills
- Ability to provide critical design review to design teams, communicating design ideas and direction quickly
If this sounds like a great role for you, apply now and please include a link to your portfolio!