Our agency client is seeking a Sr. Copywriter with in depth experience in SEO to own copywriting initiatives. The initial focus will be working with financial investment-related materials serving audiences ranging from experts to novice investors. This candidate will need to effectively concept, design and execute best-in-class solutions for a top tier investment company providing content in a web and voice space typically writing both long form as well as scripts.
• Write effective copy using SEO best practice which is aligned towards a variety of audiences while ensuring copy & style are on point with the brand and are strategically sound with minimal oversight
• Write effective conversational scripts as well as have a handle on long from writing. Adapting between these two mediums will be a daily nuance.
• Understand the needs, motivations and aspirations of your audiences, so that you can speak to them in the most effective, compelling, engaging way possible.
• Collaborate with the Executive Creative Dir., Director of Strategy to consistently deliver polished searchable content.
• Present documented ideas, tactics and strategies to sr. creative, internal cross-functional teams & clients.
• Must be able to quickly adapt ideas & tactics based on supported analytics and search results.
• Translate concepts into effective messages and contribute to brainstorming sessions with client and strategy teams.
• Write searchable News content based on a quick turn in collaboration with client inputs.
• Manage and maintain a copy deck from start to finish (including clients revisions, legal feedback, technical updates, etc.)
• Leverage and optimize relevant team resources and ensure that projects stay on task & on brief
• Ensure quality of any copywriting deliverable meets agency's standards of creative excellence & client satisfaction
• Conduct writing activities, including internalizing user needs and business objectives, creating content/ message briefs, writing content outlines and flow charts, writing copy decks, conducting content audit.
• Financial writing experience is a plus.
• Bachelor’s degree
• 4-6yrs relevant work experience (at least 3+yrs of strong copywriting experience with an advertising or interactive agency)
• Portfolio would ideally include long form examples as well as script examples.
• Demonstrated experience working with SEO best-practice principles
• Content Strategy experience is a plus
• Ability to consistently write concise, clear, and creative copy
• Ability to write compelling copy while maintaining grammatical and spelling integrity
• Willing and open minded attitude toward copy critiques/improvements by creative/art directors and then effectively incorporate suggestions to copy
• Superior verbal communication skills with the ability to be clear cut
• Comfortable writing in multiple styles and for multiple formats
• Ability to appropriately manage time and workload in a dynamic fast paced environment, while proactively requesting help when needed
• Extremely detail oriented and organized