The Brand Manager serves as the primary client contact on day-to-day development and implementation of all work
the Agency creates on behalf of its Clients. As the person on the front line, the BM plays a primary role in ensuring the
Agency provides a consistently superior product.
In general, most of the time will be spent in the following responsibilities:
The BM will have direct Client contact with assigned agency Clients.
PLANNING & BRAND MANAGEMENT
The BM serves as the “agency expert” on the Client’s brand. No one in the agency should know more about the brand
than the BM.
• Have a solid understanding of the brand positioning and where the brand “stands” in the marketplace.
• Have a strong command of Client’s business (products, services, offerings, metrics, etc.).
• Maintain a current grasp on the competitive landscape and category trends and keep team informed.
• Play a role in strategic planning efforts. Collaborate with supervisors on preparation of recommendations,
strategies and actions for the Client. Review, analyze and evaluate all work relative to Client’s needs and
objectives. Facilitate with admin team the development and formatting of proposals and presentations.
The BM develops strong working rapport with Clients, supervisor(s) and all other internal Agency team members.
• Develop and cultivate strong, trusted, respected relationships with client contacts and internal team
• Help foster a positive internal team environment and overall Client/Agency relationship.
• Maintain regular client contact, including ensuring appropriate level of in-person meetings.
• Identify opportunities to deepen Client relationships and work with supervisor(s) to act on them.
• Look for ways to connect with, sell and inspire all Client/Agency team members.
The BM manages projects from start to finish, ensuring all projects are created at a consistently superior level.
• Be a clear, concise communicator to minimize misunderstandings and to represent the Agency and the
Agency’s thinking/perspective accurately and professionally. In all communications (Client & internal):
o Written – Should be accurate, concise, timely.
o Oral – Should be clear, concise and understandable.
o Meetings and Presentations – Should be organized, clear and actionable. Preparation for all
meetings is essential. This includes spearheading any necessary coordination with other internal
team members including “pre-sell”, preparation of presentation materials, reservation of meeting
rooms, meeting room set-up, meal reservations, other.
• Anticipate potential Client issues and bring to supervisors attention.
• Manage daily job flow process (creative, media, talent, other) with internal team, vendors and Clients in a
timely and efficient manner.
o Respond to/process all Client inquiries ASAP, within the same business day.
o Respond to/process all internal inquiries ASAP, ideally within one business day.
• Ensure adherence to established Agency process including adherence to new Brand Management/Project
Management roles, and proper development and use of:
o Job orders, change orders, project alerts.
o Creative Briefs, ibriefs, Media Briefs.
o Meeting Agendas: Internal & Client.
o Client Meeting Reports (develop/distribute within two business days from meeting date).
o Regular Status Reports (update/distribute regularly; usually weekly or bi-monthly).
o Budget Summaries (update/distribute monthly).
o Talent Residuals Summaries (update/distribute monthly).
• Maintain strong command of project status; be knowledgeable at all times about status of all projects on
assigned accounts. Lead regular Client all-project status meetings.
• Earn supervisor(s) trust. Work to handle daily job flow with as little oversight as possible. Manage up: Keep
supervisor(s) informed as appropriate.
• Develop inspirational creative briefs and strive to bring a high level of insight and value to the creative
• Provide timely, clear and accurate direction to interdisciplinary teams.
• Demonstrate solid organization skills. In particular, organize and maintain all necessary records for assigned
accounts so that they are easily accessible for anyone within the Agency at all times:
o Follow established server structure for maintaining all electronic documents.
o Ensure server files are complete and current ongoing.
• Thoroughly review (proof and access) all aspects of the agency’s “product” prior to client presentation (i.e.
all daily correspondence, communications plans, creative concepts, media plans, results reports, etc.) to
ensure it is on strategy, accurate and on time.
• Have a strong command of client budget including available funding, estimating and invoicing.
• Work with Production department to provide clear and complete input for estimates, and obtain required
• Obtain client approvals and authorizations for all project estimates and media buys prior to execution.
• Review and approve Client invoices.
• Ensure accuracy and timely delivery of estimates, invoices and budget summaries to Client.
• Ensure estimates are revised as necessary, as soon as scope of work or budget changes.
• Complete timesheets ideally daily, at least weekly.
• Develop quarterly income forecasts for supervisor(s) review/approval. Provide ongoing updates to
supervisor(s) regarding anything that has a significant impact to income (positive or negative.)
PERSONNEL AND TRAINING
Supervise and train more junior account service staff as appropriate, leading by example and providing solid
guidance and mentorship.
• Ensure successful adherence to department and agency best practices.
• Provide staff recommendations and updates on performance to supervisor(s).
Be an example of the agency’s superior Brand Management standards, and an overall advocate for the Agency.
• Promote Agency’s positioning and advance the Agency goal of becoming as creatively and digitally centric as
possible, and delivering work quicker/smarter/cheaper.
• Lead by example; demonstrate the Agency’s superior Brand Management standards.
• Champion the Brand Management team and strive to keep the bar high for the department’s work and
• Build and maintain strong relationships with other agency departments.
• Continue to champion and foster agency integration. Identify opportunities to improve internal systems and
• Champion the agency’s work.
• Cultivate knowledge of Agency’s cross discipline offerings.
• Help foster overall positive department and Agency morale.
In addition, the position involves other duties such as:
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Regular and reliable attendance is required.
BA/BS in relevant discipline – Business/Marketing, Communications, Psychology, English, other.
3-5+ years of Brand/Project Management related experience including success with:
• Managing connected/integrated multi-channel projects and campaigns, including the diverse digital
• Working as part of an internal Mar/Comm team, or for an integrated Mar/Comm or Advertising firm/agency.