AQUENT is partnering with one of our COOLEST clients to help them hire a UI/UX Designer. This team sits in McLean, VA near Tyson's Corner.
At this client, they’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led, they are on a mission to help their customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. They measure their efforts by the success their customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. They are succeeding because the customers are succeeding.
Guided by shared values, they thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. They believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. They elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Their associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, they are on a quest to change their industry for good.
What They Do:
This team is developing an app to support conversations with customers. The app provides tools that help associates understand and empathize with customers, in addition to being a functional hub for all the customers’ need. They are trying to create better ways for associates to have more meaningful conversations and interactions with their customers.
Who Are You:
● A master craftsman. You dream about color, typography, iconography and animation every day. You can’t stop yourself from critiquing everything, everywhere, all the time and wishing you had the time to redesign it all. You are proficient using tools like Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, Invision, and/or Principal, and can efficiently use your skills to develop new designs within existing and new visual systems and design languages.
● A systems thinker. As you translate user needs, style guides, and requirements into elegant solutions for complex problems, you’re not just thinking about the task at hand but about how your design choices scale and fit within larger established systems and patterns.
● Detail Oriented. You impress your teammates with the ability to pick out small nuances, your files are always pixel perfect and you’ve thought through every permutation of your designs, making the development process smooth sailing.
● Collaborative. You enjoy working on agile team. You will collaborate with product managers, developers stakeholders and design teams on research activities, strategy sessions, ideation, design, and testing of new product concepts. You display a positive attitude and are excited to share your ideas with the team as well as listen to those of others.
● Have a can-do attitude. You’re a proactive team player who is eager and excited about producing awesome work. No task is too small or large for you. You are able to work alone or with other designers to problem solve and develop clear action and execution plans for a task.
● A successful juggler. You don’t get overwhelmed or flustered easily. You’re able to keep track of multiple projects at once, manage your time efficiently.
● A storyteller. You’re able to develop clear and persuasive stories about your work that you share with a wide range of audiences. You’re able to present research findings and design concepts to designers and product partners.
What You’ll Bring:
● A portfolio which highlights strong understanding of design elements such as color, photography, iconography and animation. Your portfolio should also include project examples that showcase micro interactions, style guides, UI elements and illustrations.
● Understanding of interface and interaction patterns and best practices for various platforms.
● Understanding of human centered design and UX practices. Interest in partnering with other UX designers that specialize in content, strategy, and research.
● Experience working within established brand guidelines and style guide. Interest in helping govern digital guidelines and flex system where needed.
● Ability to work from low fidelity to high fidelity.
● Experience creating prototypes that showcase design concepts and interaction patterns.
● Ability to quickly deliver multiple, inventive ideas that are fresh and simple while solving complex customer and business needs. Confidence in sharing in-progress work with team mates.
● Research the latest technologies, best practices, and online trends to provide recommendations for the team.
● Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
● At least 1 years of experience in UX design
● At least 3 years experience with standard digital design tools (e.g. Sketch, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Principle, Invision, etc.)
● At least 1 year of experience design prototyping
● A solid portfolio of successful past projects
**iOS design for tablet or mobile would be a HUGE plus.