This company is looking for a Project/Product Manager who is innately curious, business-minded and loves to help ship useable, well-designed products. This role works closely with engineering and product teams to manage a backlog of work and coordinate internal resources for the execution of our products. They are responsible for ensuring that all projects are delivered on time, and within the scope defined by the business. The teams are cross-functional and comprise front and back-end engineers as well as Quality Assurance, and Product Designers. Project/Product managers need to be expert organizers who are comfortable using Lean/Agile software development methodologies to manage a dynamic environment encompassing a wide range of activities across the product lifecycle. Superb time management skills, a knack for organizing the complex, an optimistic and productive attitude toward work, and the ability to create a strong sense of urgency in the teams they manage is a must. The Project/Product Manager reports to the VP of Product.
● Guide projects through development and bring high-quality product enhancements to life
● Determines customers' needs and desires by specifying the research needed to obtain market information.
● Work closely with design and engineering in crafting useful and usable experiences
● Manage the backlog for engineering teams
● Build a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis on problem-solving.
● Collaborate with different parts of the organization to define the solutions that will have the highest impact on the business
● Plan and manage multiple parallel initiatives
● Bring creative problem solving and an innovative mindset to challenges
● Facilitate discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution.
● Anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs, and balance business needs against technical constraints
● Adapt and remain flexible to changing priorities and consider new ideas while having the business’s success firmly in your focus
● Work with VP of Product to execute against defined product roadmap and manage their own team roadmaps
Skills & Qualifications
● Experience in being a Product Manager or Project Manager role for at least two years for a software development team (SAAS business experience a big Plus)
● Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
● The ability to manage consensus and drive outcomes
● Previous experience in UX or Engineering
● Strong problem-solving, decision-making and analytical skills
● Excellent communication and mentoring skills.
● Awareness and experience with different LEAN/Agile techniques
● A desire to work in a fast-paced, results-driven environment with varied responsibilities
● Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience