A full service digital agency who are growing fast and looking to expand our team. Based in London Bridge and have a varied mix of great clients who sell everything from shampoo to software.
We have a data-led approach to design and a strong focus on user engagement and conversion. We don’t just build websites. Our clients look to us for all of their digital needs. SEO, PPC, Social, email and display advertising are a big part of what we do.
What does the position involve?
This is a full-time role in an open and friendly environment in our office in London Bridge.
As a Wordpress Developer, you will report directly to the company directors and be responsible for all day to day aspects of Wordpress production. Primarily, you will be bringing to life inspiring mobile-friendly websites and applying your knowledge of UI & UX to deliver not just beautiful, but user-friendly engaging websites.
● To produce quality work within a given timeframe and budget
● Develop new WordPress sites using HTML5/CSS3, ensuring they are responsive and cross-browser compatible
● Maintain and manage existing Wordpress sites
● Manage all technical aspects of the CMS, including the ability to implement new features, plugins and functionality and debugging code errors
● Client-facing and can attend meetings as and when required
● Encouraged to contribute to company blog and post on Social Media
● Help to deliver the growth strategy for the business
● To share knowledge and nurture awareness and learning with colleagues
● Undertake continuous professional development in the form of online training, seminars, literature and training courses
● You should have a strong understanding of industry trends and keep up-to-date with new techniques making recommendations to enhance services
● Do all of the above while promoting a positive team culture
If you relish a challenge and want to be part of a growing agency, are willing to adapt and get stuck in, then this position could be for you. You will be expected to hit the ground running, take on current and new projects, and deal directly with clients.
Some of the personal qualities we are looking for:
● At least 4 years’ experience in the industry with a good technical understanding of WordPress, SEO, websites, CMS platforms and eCommerce
● A good understanding of the WordPress platform with the ability to modify/customise themes and configure plugins
● Reasonable PHP knowledge (the ability to edit set variables and modify functions.php)
● Ability to hand-code HTML/CSS to control the layout of a web page
● Experience building user interfaces for websites and/or web applications
● Comfortable working with debugging tools like Firebug, Chrome inspector, etc.
● Proficient understanding of code versioning tools
● Strong collaborator and a self-starter with a "can-do" attitude
● Confident, able to make decisions independently
● Good communicator
● Organised, happy to work with details and to closely follow up any delegated work
● Comfortable working under time pressure and meeting deadlines
● A true team player
What’s in it for you?
● Working in a pleasant, friendly office in the lovely heart of Bermondsey
● 25 days’ annual holiday allowance
● Flexible working arrangements
● You will get experience working on a range of clients from varied industries and will be supporting a talented and highly experienced team
● You will get to develop your own style on live projects and hone your skills further with courses and classes of your choosing