An agency here in NYC is looking for a Senior Digital Producer for a freelance with the potential to go perm role (not guaranteed).
- Their Production team is separate from the Project Managers - looking for a true Producer
- Not looking for someone to help with scheduling, but instead need someone to oversee other creatives
- This client has big retail accounts where they could use the extra hands
- You will be working on a ton of banners - banners are their bread and butter
- Looking for a strong Producer to guide them through the process
- Need more of a Producer than Project Manager
- All digital work
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years in a digital production role, at an advertising agency, working directly with clients
- Proficiency in PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook and various project management tools like SmartSheet, Basecamp, JIRA as well as Q/A software like browserstack
- Experience with Double Click Studios
Top 3 Requirements:
- Someone who has worked in the digital space
- Someone who can create assets or programs from concept all the way to delivery
- Agency experience is a MUST
- Has done banner work (landing pages), website development
- Someone with experience managing Designers, UX Designers and Developers
Duration: Temp to perm
In search of a talented, detail oriented and motivated Sr Digital Producer to join our Integrated Production Team in the New York office. The ideal candidate has an agency background working as a producer or tech leader on digital productions. We are not looking for a Producer who strictly creates digital videos or a Project Manager. We need a true, Digital Producer.
This candidate has a history of producing projects end-to-end while working with UX, design, development and Q/A teams.
He/She will lead the production and delivery of innovative marketing experiences and special projects while collaborating closely with internal departments including account services, project management, resourcing, creative and strategy while also communicating directly with clients and third party companies whether media partners or vendors.
This Producer is a digital trendsetter at the forefront of what is now, new and next in digital marketing. The ability to organize many moving pieces in a fast paced, creative agency environment while influencing quality as well as on-time and on-budget project deliveries is key.
• Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience
• 5+ years in a digital production role, at an advertising agency, working directly with clients
• Proficiency in PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook and various project management tools like SmartSheet, Basecamp, JIRA as well as Q/A software like browserstack
• Experience with Double Click Studios
The Producer has had success producing and leading:
o Online Advertising and Display ads or Banners (static, dynamic, rich media) and landing pages
o Apps and experiences (games, polls, sweeps, interactive content) and the platforms that house them
o Digital solutions such as general websites/microsites with development from conception to completion (expertise in leading front and and back-end development)
o E-mail marketing
The Producer has had success leading projects requiring:
o QA with agency testers (while ensuring bugs/defects are quickly resolved with staff developers)
o UI/UX design
o Responsive design
o Google analytics
o SEO best practices
o Social best practices, Social listening/Response messaging
o SOW creation, project plans, budget trackers and various internal and client-facing documentation
The Producer brings:
• An always-on positive attitude with the ability to see solutions to problems
• Proven knowledge of the digital production process in an agency environment from concept to execution and deliver, including the management of design, development and Q/A
• An external network of development resources and production vendors (in case needed beyond internal dev resources)
• The ability to write tight SOWs
• Experience building client-budgets and timelines, and then managing both to profit and deadline
• Proven track record in prioritizing a heavy workload
• Ability to meet deadlines with accuracy and minimum supervision
• Confidence in acting as a project owner
• Expertise in developing and implementing best production practices and guides for brands, but also, specifically, for social and mobile or online initiatives
• Ability to step outside the box and contribute innovative ideas as a partner to the creative agency team
• Ability to manage risk as well as provide leadership to guide stakeholders through uncertainty
• Inherent curiosity coupled with ability to figure it out and get it done
• Problem-solving skills and a love for creative ideas
• Drive to do great work
• A belief in coaching people to help them perform at their best
• Excellence in oral and written communication with internal and client teams
• The ability to build trust and deliver on your promises
• An extremely organized work ethic with a detail-oriented mind, capable of self-managing
• The ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, demanding environment
• An articulate approach with a well-informed sensibility and the ability to be flexible when plans shift
• A passion for new technology and a quest to continually grow
• An appreciation for continuing to learn
• Define scope of large-scale projects with EP oversight
• Management of projects (OF ALL SIZES) on a project basis or, work on a single account to manage projects on that account with EP oversight
• Manage, troubleshoot, and oversee all phases of each project’s lifecycle from brief through concept, execution and delivery
• Contribute to the creative process by assessing feasibility of proposed solutions and recommending approaches
• Critically source internal subject matter experts and/or 3rd party vendors to best support each project and all its components.
• Outline detailed project requirements (creative, multimedia, technology, etc.) through discussions and meetings with internal project team members; including functional specifications for staff developers, makers and/or 3rd party vendors for bidding and execution.
• Define, scope and estimate work while managing timelines and staff or vendors.
• Produce programs and their assets from concept through delivery (with UX, Design, DEV and Q/A) to the best of your ability, always pushing for best in class results
• Work with account and functional leads to develop scopes of work and pricing based on business and functional requirements.
• Define, develop and coordinate timelines, resources and deliverables for digital projects.
• Keep project details organized through clear task lists, issue tracking, status reporting.
• Communicate daily with the Account Lead + Project Manager.
• Contribute to the improvement of internal processes for smooth execution and efficiency in project execution.
• See that internal tools are properly used to allocate resources, track actuals, forecast future workloads.
• Ensure User Experience deliverables including Site Maps and Wireframes meet user and business goals.
• Responsible for seeing that the proper resources are at the table (ie. Creative, Strategic, UX, Developer and QA) while working in conjunction with Resource Managers, Project Managers and functional leads.
• Travel (possible) for planned events/productions.
• Provide progress on revisions and schedules to ensure projects meet client expectations.
• Participate daily in conference calls and in-person meetings with clients, media contacts and internal teams.
• Conduct or participate in status meetings with internal team, to ensure thorough communication with all involved at each stage of every project.
• Communicate project status to teams and dept. managers on a regular basis.
• Proactively communicate with agency teams and clients about production recommendations, risks, challenges and solutions.
• Communicate with clients about technology solutions and help them understand what they are and why they need them.
• Partner with Account Management to track and report project burn rates.
• Ensure proper change management documentation or overage reports are executed per scope changes or project priority shifts while communicating new requirements to project teams.
• Manage QA, functional issues and creative reviews prioritizing support and fixes pre and post launch.
• Attend media meetings and work with account leads to ensure all specs/best practices are up to date.
• Define and document best practices and contribute to company’ knowledge sharing effort.
• Work with Account Management to see that deliverables are packaged properly for Trafficking on an as needed basis.
• Store assets on company servers per internal guidelines.
Producers at all experience levels should strive to elevate the team, the work, and the process by displaying the leadership qualities below each of which ladder up to DAN leadership traits.
• Good Judgment
• Gracious but Tenacious
• Positive attitude
• Champion for proper process and Seeker of better
Producers are expected to consistently apply these traits to be an effective team leader. Producers should understand and embrace that team achievement is above individual achievement.