The Art Director is responsible for working as a peer with Copywriters (and other team members) on every phase of the creative process. This individual must possess the ability to communicate effectively with colleagues and clients and work with a degree of independence. Art Directors are capable of formulating innovative approaches to deliver marketing messages while maintaining consistency on brand, branding elements and style. They are accountable for balancing their workload and working efficiently. Conceptually, they contribute compelling and unique ideas for digital, motion, social, and print with a basic understanding
of the creative and technical parameters for each platform.
Functions and Responsibilities
· The Art Director is responsible for excelling at Associate Art Director level functions and responsibilities
· Ability to take sole design responsibility for at least one client/product
· Designs, edits, and proofs flawless layouts/imagery that meet agency and client standards
· Ensures that all content and ideas track with client’s marketing goals, objectives, and graphic hallmarks
· Participates in creative concepting for new business, client programs and multi-wave executions of branding elements, generating novel concepts and tactical ideas
· Develops advertising ideas and tactical concepts by staying current with marketing trends and platforms, collaborating across departments, and contributing creative ideas and opinions at meetings
· Mastery of medical/regulatory issues regarding visual prominence of claims and trade name use.
· Ability to translate complicated medical issues into powerful yet clear layouts for key audiences and across Effectively communicates with managers and team members channels
· Proactively keeps PM and creative managers updated on style/job issues
· Maintains a high standard in the presentation of all work to internal and client audiences
· Stays up-to-date on technical trends and production details that are relevant to our industry, including
industry standards of excellence across print, motion, digital, and social platforms
· Expert in the core applications of the Adobe Software Suite, and stays up-to-date on the latest features
· Builds production ready files meeting the technical standards of the agency and its vendors and clients.
· Effectively direct production artists in the creation of final content across print, digital, and motion
· Maintain awareness of and relationships with artists and studios required to produce excellent illustrations, photography, CGI, motion graphics, video, etc.
· Works well under tight deadlines with minimal supervision
· Follows agency processes and is accurate, timely, and efficient in their work.