Technical Support: Up to £30k. (1 year+ experience in similar role).
Based in Westbourne Park
My client is a fast growing innovative start-up looking for a new talent acquisition manager to join the team.
The right person will have:
- At least 1 years experience in a similar role
You will work with some incredible people from all walks of life. They pride themselves on hiring the best people who are passionate about what they are trying to achieve.
We are hiring someone to work with the COO and CTO to provide a range of technical support functions for the team. If you enjoy (and are good at) setting up computers and phones, and dealing with connectivity, software and hardware problems for friends and family then this could be the ideal role for you.
You will be enthusiastic, energetic and pro-active, and not afraid to get stuck in to whatever is needed. You’ll have high levels of common sense and an ability to apply a “discover and solve” approach to a range of situations.
We’re looking for a candidate with good attention to detail as well as the ability to multi-task, as conflicting priorities arise.
We always give more responsibilities to talented individuals as soon as we can: we’d expect the right person to see this as an opportunity to learn quickly and gain wide-ranging experience with a view to rapid professional development.
- Providing technical support for the team, including acquiring, setting up and configuring hardware and software
- We use a variety of different OS e.g. Windows 10, macOS and Linux. You must be able to troubleshoot and be comfortable using all of these platforms.
- Ensuring the office technical infrastructure (printers, routers etc.) is functioning well, and preventing/anticipating/fixing any problems
- Using the company asset management software to log all devices within the company to ensure we have a clear idea whether equipment is available, or if we need to go and purchase more to keep up with the demand
- Administering the internal network, as the company grows we will need to introduce VLANs and add more security to it.
- Identify which SaaS need to be introduced/removed depending on the company needs
- Administering and configuring platforms such as Google Apps, Salesforce, Microsoft Office, Dropbox, Slack etc.
- Responding to the more technical customer support enquiries by email and identifying (and escalating as necessary) any feedback that indicates bigger opportunities or problems
- Providing support (e.g. for testing/documentation/systems administration) as required for the engineering and product teams
- Learning server management skills to act as a backup/support for the DevOps function
You will have:
- A keen interest in modern technology
- Willing to learn anything and excel in areas you are not so comfortable in
- Some experience, personal and/or professional, of “sorting stuff out” (computers, phones, software)
- Go above and beyond to make sure everyone is able to work to the best of their ability without having “Technical Difficulties” slow them down.
- A sharp mind with the academic or work history to prove it
- Able to build/replace parts in desktops used in the company
- Exceptional written and verbal communications with the ability of capturing complex concepts and conveying them in simple, meaningful language
- Impeccable attention to detail
- A “can-do” attitude; able to work at pace and turn your hand to new things
Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applications we are only able to contact those shortlisted. Thank you for your application.