The Digital Media Strategist will be responsible for driving online sales and/or conversion growth for clients through a variety of digital platforms with a focus on optimizing acquisition metrics such as conversion rates, cost per acquisition, and ROI. The primary responsibility will be to plan, manage, and report on online marketing that generates ROI from Digital Media campaigns, primarily online display (GDN, DMP’s, DSP’s, Programmatic media buys). The Digital Media Strategist will also oversee the development of holistic digital channel strategies and recommend plans and or initiatives that meet client objectives across the digital spectrum including sponsorship and branding opportunities.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop strong and effective acquisition media plans to meet client objectives
- Participate in overall client media strategy development in order to deeply understand the role digital acquisition media plays in larger media objectives
Media campaign management, execution, optimization, and reporting, including but not limited to:
- Provide active voice in media optimization strategies, proactively communicating challenges and opportunities to the team and client.
- Responsible for development of client facing presentations that summarize and synthesize campaign performance including recommendations to improve.
- Provide analysis on media delivery, performance, trends and future implications in client reports. Work with internal teams, including the Media and Analytics team and the Brand Management team, and other partners to develop reporting to best analyze clients’ goals (KPI’s). Strategist will participate in providing cross-media results including TV, Search and / or Social media.
- Manage RFP review of partners/site responses, compile proposal analysis, drive partner negotiations, and secure approved media.
- Oversee processes for creating and implementing, tracking. Analyzes and optimizes campaigns. Responsible for budget and invoice reconciliation.
- Ensure adherence to Terms and Conditions.
- Work with Brand Management and Creative teams at Cronin to ensure media and creative strategies work in harmony.
- Determine set-up, including testing methodologies, reporting requirements, and optimization requirements, for ensuring full impact and efficiency of each campaign.
- Work hand-in-hand with ad operations team to manage Quality Assurance (QA) of tracking functionality and creative units to identify and solve any issues.
Effectively manage team development and process, including but not limited to:
- Potentially supervise, train, and develop junior team members; interview and hire, mentor and train, allocate work to ensure deadlines are met, audit work and oversee quality control, ensuring all errors and caught and corrected, and conduct performance reviews.
- Serve as a mentor and role model for junior Media and Analytics team members.
Demonstrate industry/client leadership and insights, including but not limited to:
- Manage day-to-day expectations and communications with client as necessary. Establish a true partnership with clients by gaining and maintaining a deep understanding of their business needs and issues faced.
- Maintain a vocal, visible role in all major internal and client meetings.
- Cultivate excellent relations within the media sales community to stay up to date on new opportunities.
- Identify new and emerging online advertising technology and capabilities to improve program performance.
- Develop, write, and assist the team in presenting media POVs.
- BA/BS in relevant discipline
- 3-5 years of digital media planning and buying experience
- Proven experience and expertise in developing and implementing multi-channel digital acquisition media plans
- Experience in setting up and optimizing Google Adwords campaigns.
- Expert in digital ad serving and tracking platforms (e.g., Google AdWords, DoubleClick for Advertisers, etc.) and Google Analytics.
- Proficient in quantitative analysis / analytical thinking with proven ability to translate analysis into actionable and valuable insights.
- Demonstrable experience developing and writing client facing presentations that summarize and synthesize campaign performance including recommendations for improvement.
- Understanding of media research and analytical tools and how to effectively use them.
- Demonstrable experience leading and managing display advertising campaigns.
- Advance computer knowledge (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Strong understanding of Online Display fundamentals and best practices.
- Problem solver with the ability to develop creative solutions.
- Organized, and detail-oriented with strong attention to follow-through.
- Experience with A/B and multivariate experiments.