Our Edinburgh based Financial services client is looking for an experienced UX/UI designer to join their global digital marketing team. As a designer you'll be passionate about design and emerging technologies and devices & be able to expertly leverage your skills in digital graphic design, typography, and grid systems within your web and mobile projects. As a UX/UI specialist you will have the opportunity to work with the global digital team including UX Architects, Business Analysts, Web Writers, Experience Designers, and the Manager of UX/Visual Design to create layouts, specifications, and visual assets. You will leverage your user-centric sensibilities along with your brand and marketing prowess to create web pages, mobile screens, and a multitude of visual assets.
You'll enjoy working within sophisticated yet subtle visual design guidelines to solve complex business problems and user needs. You will be comfortable collaborating with multiple global teams, as well as professionally interacting with senior management and are able to self start and seize initiative.
The business's web, tablet, and smart phone products are poised for rapidly growth across a multitude of global markets & you will be joining the Design team at an exciting and energetic time, and there is a unique opportunity for creative and professional growth as these challenges take shape.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Primarily, create high-fidelity visualizations of the digital experiences we intend to create; secondarily, create the lo-fidelity blueprints that document and defend our approach to the final product. If you can write solid front-end code, or design in the browser, awesome.
Specifically, you will:
- - Advocate and be the voice of our customer in the product development process
- - Use customer-driven insights and agile methodologies to deliver elegant and delightful customer experiences
- - Collaborate and create visual design and strategy for prototyping and pilot efforts
- - Translate business requirements into visual concepts and prototypes to be used in testing
- - Create interaction models, user task flows, screen designs, and UI details that promote ease of use and optimise task flows
- - Create and deliver UX/UI design documentation to aid with cross-team communication, collaboration and development
- - Generate prototypes for solution visioning and exploration, as well as detailed wireframes – static and interactive — for execution.
- - Develop and maintain artifacts that express humanity, simplicity and ingenuity
- - Visualize complex sets of data in ways that are easy to comprehend
- - Participate in designer research, persona development, and a wide variety of usability studies
- - Bring a collaborative team spirit; be comfortable with giving and receiving critique and sharing ideas and responsibilities.
- BFA or BA degree in Graphic Design or Interaction Design preferred, or an equivalent amount of on-the-job training in web design
- 5+ years of professional experience in website or web application design.
- Solid understanding of digital design concepts, best practices, graphic production and asset optimisation, and basic HTML and CSS coding; knowledge of HTML5, CSS3, and WordPress, Joomla or Drupal a plus
- Advanced skills in Photoshop and Illustrator; Axure. Intermediate or higher fluency in common office hardware and software (MS Office, SharePoint)
- Good understanding of usability, information architecture, interaction design, and prototyping
- Fundamental knowledge of mobile UI design, with an understanding of the differences between mobile web and mobile app; experience in mobile design a plus
- Strong understanding of usability principles, mobile design best practices, cross-browser best practices, modern web design principles, and information architecture
- Experience with responsive development and frameworks
- Strong communication and collaboration skills, with a strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to productively and calmly work under tight deadlines, and effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously with minimal supervision
Our client is a global financial investment company based in the heart of Edinburgh.
If this sounds like you, then a compelling opportunity awaits you. Apply today with an update CV and portfolio of relevant case studies that highlight your end to end UX | UI | design experiences