Our client, a worldwide management consulting firm, is looking for a stellar Senior Product Designer to join their team on a permanent basis!
In this role, you'll be a core member of the Design & Innovation team, working within the technology function where we are developing the tools to power the next generation of management consulting. We utilize design thinking and digital technologies to create new ways of working that will define the future of how the firm delivers professional services. The Design & Innovation team is responsible for using user-centered methods to inform the development and delivery of technology-enabled products and services used across the firm. This work ensures that we create experiences that make the work of our colleagues faster, easier and more effective.
This role will be an integral part of a Portfolio Team, you will work on other products that connect world-wide colleagues with Firm culture, values, and initiatives. You’ll define solutions that keep colleagues informed and engaged as the Firm grows and changes rapidly. Your contributions will include generative research, user journeys, design sprints to prototype future state concepts, and experiments to test the team’s ideas. Must be able to navigate ambiguity and diplomacy while also being able to raise flags when needed.
Start Date: as soon as the right fit is found [interviews won't start until closer to / after Labor Day]
Duration: full-time / direct hire opportunity
Location: Waltham, MA
In this role, you'll:
- contribute to all aspects of the product development life cycle – from research and ideation through to detailed design and delivery – with an emphasis on rapid prototyping, frequent validation with end users, and creatively approaching constraints.
- collaborate closely with product managers, developers and other disciplines to identify what will be most critical to the success of a product, what it should feel like to interact with a product or service across multiple touch-points, and to define how we bring that experience into reality. In this work, you will actively look for opportunities to apply new tools and technologies that can help enrich the capabilities the firm provides to our colleagues to do their work.
- be an advocate and coach for design thinking, helping others in the firm develop their knowledge, skills, and capabilities in the use of empathetic, inventive and iterative methods for product development.
- BS or MS in Interaction Design, Cognitive Science, HCI or equivalent experience
- 4+ years of hands on experience developing digital products across different mediums like web and mobile (familiarity with an Enterprise or agency setting is a plus)
- Ability to design and execute qualitative and quantitative research programs that generate insights to inform the design process
- Ability to create professional-quality, well-designed project deliverables that clearly and persuasively communicate the UX/UI design for a product and the reasoning behind it. (e.g. work plans, research protocols, research findings, personas, user flows, wireframes, prototypes and product specs
- Experience creating user interfaces for software products that can be mapped directly to the business and user requirements of the project as well as clearly embody the UX strategy
- Interaction and Visual design skills including user of a diverse set of tools, e.g. Sketch, InVision, Adobe Creative suite, OmniGraffle, etc.
- Strong communication skills with ability to articulate and optimize design based on the value to the user and the business
- Ability to collaborate effectively with development teams to ensure that design specifications are implemented and the usability of products is optimized despite underlying system complexity or constraints
- Experience working with distributed teams
- Ability to thrive in a fluid and entrepreneurial environment and embark on regional and global travel as needed