Our Austin-based client is adding several Business Analysts to their team on an ongoing contract basis!
*Must have proof of eligibility to work in the US as W2 employee, sponsorship is not available*
How This Job Works
Business Analysts work together with Project and Program Managers on projects throughout the organization with the goal of understanding current business processes, creating efficiencies, supporting large scale team initiatives, and driving team success. We bring key cross-functional stakeholders together to improve organizational operations.
How You Work
As a Business Analyst, you'll work with various stakeholders at different levels of the organization to assess business needs, gather requirements, and help understand and improve work processes. You’ll need to provide diplomatic and timely communication in an agile work environment with iterative planning and delivery cycles. Specifically, you will:
- Gain an in-depth knowledge of current processes and business practices through shadowing, interviewing key participants, and maintaining an understanding of the department(s) you support.
- Analyze, draft, validate and finalize business and technical requirements.
- Proactively examine the change impact of process adjustments on people, strategy, systems and general business operations to determine priority of needs.
- Work collaboratively with and shift responsibility towards Program Managers as the project moves from the discovery to implementation phase.
- Assist with implementation on an as-needed basis.
- Monitor and measure the effectiveness of processes post-implementation to ensure they continue to provide a positive impact on the team and are appropriate for the business.
- Engage with PMO leadership to understand and refer to the vision, goals, and initiatives for your business area.
Characteristics that set you apart:
- Excellent detective and highly curious.
- Detail oriented, yet able to move forward efficiently in the face of unanswered questions.
- Continuously striving for process improvements.
- Leadership capabilities.
- Customer focused and values end user satisfaction.
What we need from you:
- Three or more years of experience as a business analyst working with technical systems.
- Core competencies in the creation of Business Cases, User Stories, and Workflow Diagrams. Additional competencies in the creation of Functional Requirements, data mapping, data modeling, and systems migrations are preferred.
- Must have a good knowledge of business process/lifecycle management principles, theories and concepts and a general understanding of industry practices, techniques, and standards.
- The ability to use independent judgment in identifying root cause of problems, and developing solutions to a variety of problems of moderate to large scope and complexity.
- Good verbal and written communication and presentation skills to accurately document and report findings to a variety of audiences.
- Good interpersonal skills to influence and guide employees, managers, customers and other external parties.
- The ability to maintain the confidentiality of sensitive information.