Our client, a full service digital agency downtown San Diego, seeks a hands-on Art Director/Designer to join their team in a full-time, temp-to-hire capacity!
The Art Director leads the Creative Department and collaborates with cross-functional teams to deliver marketing services to clients. An essential function is to provide the creative direction, manage the creative team, lead client presentations with the agency’s vision, and hands-on design from concept through production.
Essential Job Functions
● Oversee design projects from conception, review, revisions to approval, ensuring quality along the way while providing detailed, constructive art direction on team member’s creative
● Primarily hands on-creation of digital marketing graphics, ideas, and concepts including but limited to: responsive WordPress website design, email marketing, social media graphics, infographics, campaigns and contests, digital advertising (display ads, social media, animated ads)
● Graphic design tasks including sizing images and creation of new graphics, design comps, and short video/animation ● Secondarily hands on creation of print design including but not limited to: brochures, flyers, catalogs, business cards, trade show banners, product packaging, in-store POP
● Branding and identity development such as logo, color palette, fonts, brand style style guide and business packages ● Capture photography and short video for various types of campaigns and uses
● Collaborate with Strategist and cross functional team to develop concepts that meet client goals, expectations and requested messaging
● Lead brainstorm, pitch meetings, and client presentations of creative work
● Communicate with our Web Development team to ensure best practices for design
● Communicate with Client Services to gain and maintain an understanding of our clients branding, expectations and goals
● Maintain and continue to improve on creative quality output that follows strategy, branding, requirements, guidelines, and best practices