A beauty manufacturer located in Long Island City is seeking a Mechanical Production Artist to join their team in Long Island City! This is a direct hire/permanent role, junior/mid-level. A Production Artist who leans towards Web Production! The Production Artist is a technical and creative position supporting the development and execution of print and digital marketing assets. The Project Management and Operations team will assign work to the Production Artist based on volume of work in the marketing studio requiring production support.
The Production Artist is responsible for executing and preparing files for production for print and web projects.
• Ability to handle multiple projects and track changes for multiple jobs ensuring all deliverables and deadlines are met on time
• Will assist in-house art directors and senior graphic designers with execution of in-store, digital, print, packaging and other marketing materials
• Proofread work as necessary ensuring edits are made
• Will ensure the accuracy of design files in the latter stages of development
• Will be responsible for Mechanicals and final releases
• Ensure all necessary materials and information is incorporated to begin routing projects
• Enthusiastic about production and the challenges that come along with it
• 3 to 4 years’ experience in production or in a similar atmosphere with aggressive timelines
• 2 to 4 years working on a Mac using the Adobe Creative Suite (In Design, Illustrator, Photoshop) and Sketch
• Excellent organizational skills with an exceptional eye for detail
• Ability to prioritize, multitask and work with minimal supervision
• Experience working with the following file types: print, multiple page documents, files intended to be viewed on digital platforms
• Experience converting an art file into multiple iterations, including various sizes and dimensions
• Experience building mechanicals for pre-production / pre-press