Onsite role in Richmond, VA. Relocation assistance available. NO REMOTE CANDIDATES.
Our client is looking to transform their business by developing a world-class digital acquisition program. The Program Manager, Performance Display will play an integral role in this important company initiative and will have an immediate impact on the business.
The role will be primarily responsible for developing, managing and maximizing the ROI of the company's performance display advertising. This will include ensuring the day-to-day execution of the program, identifying opportunities to increase program effectiveness and managing both internal and external (agency and technology partners) resources.
The ideal candidate is a guru in programmatic media and advertising tech, and will possess an entrepreneurial spirit and excitement about building and optimizing a best-in-class acquisition program. Deep knowledge of the dynamics of digital and direct response marketing is essential. A large part of this role will be in work with the Marketing Technology team to identify and implement technologies to drive the channel forward towards meeting its goals.
- Ability to develop & gain buy-in for a channel marketing strategy supported by research and data
- Subject matter expert in programmatic display; Demonstrated experience leveraging expertise to drive performance improvements
- Exceptional business acumen & understanding of digital and business performance metrics.
- Experience managing & maximizing a marketing budget to drive business performance.
- Proven ability to manage cross-functional teams & channel stakeholders
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills. Proven ability to deliver messages in a manner that is clear, effective and engaging.
- Proven ability to think logically & creatively to develop innovative, new solutions.
- Ability to manage multiple channel programs simultaneously and to meet deadlines.
- Hands on experience with Programmatic technologies (DMP, DSP, Ad Server, etc)
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Statistics, Business Systems, or related Marketing area
- MBA Preferred
- 5+ years running display campaigns, at least 3 years’ experience with programmatic buying
1. Strategy Development
- Owns strategy and planning for performance display channel
- Develop and share a vision for the future of performance display
- Partner with others (Marketing Strategy, Product Teams and business leaders) to align traffic acquisition strategies with the goals and objectives of the overall business
- Lead the creation and prioritization of a backlog of projects that that will deliver against performance goals
2. Channel Execution and Optimization
- Manage the company's performance display programs
- Identify and activate against opportunities to optimize the program
- Monitor trends and investigate irregularities in performance to identify opportunities for improvement and optimization
- Test technical display advertising advancements, partner with Analytics to plan and execute A/B tests, and try new ad targeting strategies to improve performance
- Stay abreast of advances in the industry; act as a subject matter expert (SME) to other teams
3. Budget Management: manage a multimillion dollar budget to meet channel goals
4. Stakeholder Management
- Build strong relationships with others throughout the department
- Provide regular updates to key stakeholders in a variety of settings
5. Leading through others: Manages channel resources to achieve objectives
- Motivate a cross-functional team to achieve goals
- Coordinate the evolution and construction of tools and technology to deliver on business goals
- Provides feedback to channel teammates to ensure they meet their full potential