Our client, a company who produces network-enabled services for healthcare and point-of-care mobile apps to drive clinical and financial results for its hospital and ambulatory clients, is looking for a solid UX Designer to join their team.
Start Date: as soon as the right fit is found
Duration: full-time I direct hire opportunity
Hours: 9am - 5pm
Location: Watertown, MA
+ solid product design experience
+ ability to explain your work and how you took a product / project from UX concept to completion
+ desire to work in an office collaboratively amongst other user experience researchers, designers and developers
Join our quest to make healthcare work the way it should. Our health is incredibly precious, and people in need of health care are often at their most fragile. Yet the function and experience of healthcare continues to fall far behind the innovative services we receive in other more frivolous parts of our lives. We are looking for UX designers who can dive into complex design challenges and create solutions to help transform the healthcare industry. If you’re a talented, innovative, and strategic designer, motivated to make a difference in healthcare, then we want to talk to you. Help us break through all the red tape and transform everyone’s experience of a visit to the doctor, a trip to the emergency room, or a lifetime with a chronic illness.
We’re looking for a UX Designer to thoughtfully contribute to our award-winning electronic health record and physician practice management products. In this role, you will work closely with a multi-disciplinary agile R&D team to define, design and test product and digital service features with the goal of creating valuable and delightful experiences for our users.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
60% - Design execution (primary)
- Identify and frame user-centered problems effectively
- Plan and facilitate problem identification and solutioning workshops.
- Create low- to high-fidelity sketches, wireframes, content, and visual designs, and build interactive prototypes to communicate and test concepts and ideas
- Plan and execute research experiments and heuristic reviews to evaluate the usefulness and usability of product features.
- Collaborate with the product and engineering teams throughout the agile planning, design and development process to deliver released product that meets design intent.
- Collaborate with your team, soliciting and providing feedback to ensure product experiences meet UX quality standards for workflow, interaction design and microcopy.
30% - Design strategy and planning
- Plan and execute exploratory research and experiments including conceptual prototypes to inform product strategy
- Contribute to the creation of journey maps, and vision documents to influence product backlog prioritization and planning activities
- Manage the backlog and prioritization of your design work to keep your team moving
- Assist in the definition and creation of success criteria and metrics
- Support your product and engineering teammates in building deep empathy for our users
10% - Leadership & Mentorship
- Guide junior members of the team through mentorship and design reviews
- Participate in team-wide initiatives to improve design processes and practices
Education, Experience, & Skills Required
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Design, Human-Computer Interaction, Cognitive Psychology, Computer Science, Business or related disciplines
- 4-5+ years of professional experience working in digital design
- Solid capability in UX creative and design techniques
- Experience facilitating and summarizing user research as part of field studies and in-person or remote evaluative testing
- Understand how to work within agile development process for the design, development, and delivery of software
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Behaviors & Abilities Required:
- Design simple, effective, and elegant interactions between users and products.
- Create strong problem statements and metrics to ensure design solutions are achieving the right business and user outcomes
- Forge strong relationships and work collaboratively with a multi-disciplinary team
- Provide sound rationale for recommendations to gain others’ support and commitment.
- Capable of managing ambiguity, change and uncertainty, focusing on information at hand and making good and timely decisions to effectively keep work moving forward
- Adapt to ever-changing needs of a dynamic business with flexibility and willingness to jump into any aspect of work to help the team achieve results
- Seek out, absorb and appropriately respond to feedback and guidance from more senior design team members and other colleagues