Vitamin T has an EXCITING opportunity for a UX Designer in Dallas, TX.
This is a temp position that will last approximately 2 months. Because of this, only candidates to local Dallas/Fort Worth will be considered as well as those candidates that are fully authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship will be considered.
The Senior UX Designer works to establish and drive the creative vision of a project. This role is responsible for the execution and delivery of creative design deliverables while directly collaborating with Experience Researchers, Technologists, and other UX Designers.
You are a strong, well-rounded designer that is comfortable giving creative direction and supports creative mentorship of other designers on the project team. You are able to confidently articulate how the design solution answers user needs, business goals, technical constraints, and other project facets. And ultimately, you are accountable for the production of high-quality, innovative design solutions.
What are you responsible for?
- Work collaboratively with other design disciplines to ensure continuity, leverage other specializations, and maintain holistic perspective
- Collaborate with Design Researchers on translating research findings into potential design solutions
- Analyze products and create various product research deliverables (i.e. heuristic evaluation, competitive analysis, stakeholder interviews, etc.)
- Work with client and project team to gather user/design requirements
- Participate in opportunity brainstorming and prioritization
- Lead the preparation of design deliverables by shaping the creative direction into design solutions and specific tasks
- Holds holistic creative goals in mind when designing
- Explores creative solutions and innovates in a consistent manner
- Ensure quality of creative deliverables and presentations
- Ensures quality of own work and that of others on the project is in line with methodology, best practice, trends, company standards and SOW
- Delivers solutions on time for internal reviews with Creative Director
- Presents creative solutions to clients with well-articulated and relevant rationale
- Reviews project responsibilities and timelines, anticipating challenges and opportunities to exceed expectations within the project budget
- Fields, documents and ensures resolution of client/vendor questions, requests and concerns
- Keeps meetings on track and filters out disruptive or uninformed information
- Mentors other designers through demonstration and clear process explanation
- Effectively communicate value in pre-sales activities such as networking and works directly with project leadership to shape the project vision
- Shares their point of view regarding industry trends with the team and confidently uses relevant opinions and past experience to help clients understand complex design principles and project needs
- May lead design team within the project
- Bachelor and/or Master Degree in a Relevant Field of Study preferred (i.e. Human Computer Interaction, Computer Science, Graphic Design, New Media, Engineering, Liberal Arts, etc.)
Qualifications and Requirements
- 5 years professional experience with interaction and visual design for software user interfaces
- Understands and can communicate effectively regarding UI design process, methods and rationale
- Abreast of UI design best practices, trends and techniques
- General understanding of user research techniques and their value in the design process
- Knowledge of the software development lifecycle
- Expertise with design tools such as Photoshop, Illustrator, and Sketch
- Positive attitude, proactive and able to effectively motivate others
- Problem solver and negotiator
- An empathic listener with strong communication skills
- Solid organizational skills and solid attention to detail
- Be able to show and explain your portfolio