Amazing opportunity to join a growing digital agency as their ACD/ Design Director overseeing one of their biggest accounts. Must have strong experience in digital and email space and hands on experience managing a team.
In this role you will be in charge of a dedicated team of designers and content strategists who will be designing for one of the globe’s leading footwear and sportswear companies on a daily basis. In order to qualify for this role, you must be an experienced, unflappable ACD/ Design Director with strong leadership skills, the ability to be a visionary as well as a hands on creator. Good chemistry is a must!
You will be working directly with the Creative Director, Design Leads, and other team members to drive and deliver exceptional digital creative work. Your role will be the primary creative partner for their client, and you’ll be responsible for the output of the team while representing the goals and values of the agency. You will become a trusted partner for the CD, as well as your Content, Strategy, and Account team leads.
As a Design Director, you’re a master of your craft, but you also bring leadership, client relationship skills, and a solid connection between your work and business goals. You bring talent, technique, and an unflinching pursuit of excellence—along with years of project and team leadership experience. Your capacities are T-shaped—you have a broad range of skill and experience coupled with deep core-discipline knowledge.
You still approach every project as a new opportunity to create, make, inspire, and execute. You never settle. You go for more whenever possible. You have a track record of excellent work, yet you’re still driven to hone new skills and experiment with new tools and new techniques. You seek collaboration with teammates to constantly shape an environment that far surpasses status quo.
This job description is just your starting point. You own your own growth and your work blazes its own trail.
- Curious: You leave no stone unturned in the pursuit of better work.
- Love the details: Every choice matters and every problem is your problem.
- Driven: You own your output, your team’s output, and you design because you love it.
- Flexible and adaptable: You’re no one-trick pony. You’re ready to mix it up and make it better anytime there’s a new opportunity. You give and receive feedback well.
- Jump in: You’re willing to contribute wherever needed, with no hesitation. No task is too small.
- Team player: You check your ego at the door. You know that you don’t win if the team doesn’t win.
- Able to work in our Portland office or on-site with our client in Beaverton as needed.
- Passion for sport, sneakers, and/or streetwear is a huge plus.
- Assess priorities and manage the team.
- Deliver compelling, well-crafted creative across a variety of media.
- Be hands-on when needed, and guide every step of the creative process, from concept to delivery.
- Provide clear direction and critiques to team members.
- Ensure design vision is executed consistently and with a high standard of quality.
- Review and approve all final work from the team.
- Present and champion our work with our clients on a weekly basis.
- Think broadly across our work and client needs to bring value and build a strong, lasting client relationship.
- Mentor design team members, nurture talent, and encourage skill development.
- Work with project teams to identify and scope new efforts.
- Partner with department leads and client services to support new business development when needed.
- Stay sharp. Grow beyond your core competencies.
- Bachelor’s degree in design (or comparable experience).
- Eight-plus years of experience in a design studio or agency, and three or more years in a management or team leadership role.
- A portfolio and work experience that demonstrate a mastery of design and creative communication on a wide range of projects for global brands.
- Digital experience is a must.
- Ability to lead and oversee multiple projects simultaneously.
- Comfortable adapting to changing client needs and priorities.
- Exceptional organizational, listening, and communication skills.
- Effective and clear presentation skills.
- Expert knowledge of industry-standard software (Adobe CC, Sketch, Keynote, etc).
- Basic knowledge of the Google Suite (Drive, Docs, etc).
- Desired: Experience with prototyping tools like Invision and Flinto.
- A plus: Experience or demonstrated interest in motion graphics, 3D graphics, VR, or other areas of digital creative work.