Our client is seeking a Proposal writer to add to their team in San Diego. This role is full-time on-site and not offering any relocation assistance. Must have extensive background with Proposals, Bids, and RFP writing experience.
Additional Info: Prepares bids and proposal documents by determining concept; gathering and formatting information; writing drafts; obtaining approvals; printing and arranging shipping.
· Determines proposal concept by identifying and clarifying opportunities and needs; studying requests for proposal (RFPs); attends strategy meetings.
· Meets proposal deadline by establishing priorities and target dates for information gathering, writing, review, and approval; entering and monitoring tracking data; coordinating requirements with contributors; contributing proposal status information to review meetings; transmitting proposals.
· Gathers proposal/document information by identifying sources of information; coordinating submissions and collections; identifying and communicating risks associated with proposals.
· Develops proposal/document by assembling information including project nature, objectives/outcomes/deliverables, implementation, methods, timetable, staffing, budget, standards of performance, and evaluation; writing, revising, and editing drafts including executive summaries, conclusions, and organization credentials.
· Prepares presentation by evaluating text, graphics, and binding; coordinating printing.
· Maintains quality results by using templates; following proposal-writing standards including readability, consistency, and tone; maintaining proposal support databases.
· Obtains approvals by reviewing proposal with key providers and project managers.
· Proven success with bid/proposal writing in high pressure, short timeline situations. Can complete independently as well as collaborating with a team. Experience compiling large comprehensive proposals and responding to multiple RFPs, simultaneously.
· Self-motivated, flexible and excellence-focused attitude. Committed and passionate -will go the extra mile.
· Ability to learn quickly, conduct research, assimilate information and turn thoughts into written word
· Collaborate well with others to meet objectives and are open to suggestions that allow you to produce superior work.
· Excellent time management abilities; able to prioritize time and resources efficiently, and prepare for and welcome the unexpected. Works well under pressure and with tight deadlines.
· Solid knowledge of MS word and use it as a tool to create aesthetically pleasing documents.
Desired Skills & Experience
Skills/Qualifications: Presentation Skills, Written Communication, Layout Skills, Problem Solving, Deadline-Oriented, Process Improvement, Coordination, Strategic Planning, Market Knowledge.
· Solid knowledge of MS Word and its use as a tool to create aesthetically pleasing documents
· Intermediate level proficiency in Adobe InDesign a plus
· Foreign language skills a plus
· 8+ years experience writing RFP’s, proposals, bids
· BA or BS or Masters in one of the following disciplines: Journalism, Communications, English